Monday, April 2, 2012
scrambled
The final scene in the film "Big Night" still resonates with me, years after seeing it. The main characters, brothers, after a night prepping the most important meal of their lives in their small restaurant, quietly sit down in their empty kitchen at dawn while one of the brothers deftly prepares scrambled eggs. They eat.
I remember little else from the film other than knowing that I enjoyed it. English hubby and I occasionally make scrambled eggs for dinner when we're tired or the fridge is empty. A glass of wine, simple food, and the stresses of the day fade.
Life is fast and furious right now, and I find myself desiring the simplicity of eggs on toast when little else feels simple. It satisfies my moseying nature.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love that scene, simple scrambled eggs and toast, and your serene photograph.
ReplyDeleteFANTASTIC capture here - you must have dropped the hot eggs and grabbed your camera almost simultaneously!
ReplyDeleteNow all I can think about is making scrambled eggs and toast for lunch. (Yes, it's 8am and we're already done breakfast!)
ReplyDeleteEggs on toast, scrambled eggs, fried eggs....these are foods with so many memories and feelings of love attached to them that I savor as much as I savor their tastes. This is perhaps my favorite meal:)
ReplyDeleteDid you ever see Spanglish with - I can't believe I'm going to say this - Adam Sandler? He plays a chef and there's a scene in which he cooks himself an egg sandwich at home. I almost cried, it looked so perfect. Like this photo.
ReplyDeleteOh - an incredible movie, memory and photo. Brilliant.
ReplyDeleteEggs for dinner is one of my most favorites. We eat it a couple times a month (more when I'm under a deadline at work). I don't have time for breakfast in the morning... besides, it tastes better at dinner than it ever does at 7am.
ReplyDeleteI still adore these eggs. Hope all is well. Take care, Denise
ReplyDeleteI'm not familiar with the movie, will have to look for it. I love eggs any time of the day. As far as I'm concerned they are perfect food. And your photo is perfect also.
ReplyDeleteI know your show is soon, and you must be terribly busy. And it must be terribly exciting! Enjoy it. I know you will rock it.
xo
miss you.
Mo