where hours in a car were once a time to think, reflect, meditate, perhaps have a conversation or two, the incredible capacity of a seven year old to fill the space with ramblings, singing, and yes, whining, is the sad reason why this is all I can remember thinking during a three hour drive through the stunning desert canyons of Utah.
doodley-oodley-doodley-oodley-doodley-oodly-doodley-oodley...
♫ ...ohhhh champs élysées doo de dooo dah dee dah....♫
how many more minutes til we get there
How many now?
♫ ...ventura highway in the summmm-er tiiiime....♫
♫ ...ventura highway in the summmm-er tiiiime....♫
I'm hungry may I have something to eat
...mindless droning sing-songing blah blah blah....
I miss my horse
Do you think Joshua in my class is named after Joshua trees?
Is there a pool at the hotel
Can I go in it
♫ ..been through the desert on a horse with no name....♫
I'm tired
I'm bored
Mumma can you touch your foot to your chest?
What does that sign say?
How many more minutes?
Can I have some chips?
Luckily she still likes listening to our choice of roadtrip music. Mostly.
I think her version of Champs Élysées is quite accurate, don't you?
_____________________
We're musing on "signs of spring" this week at Mortal Muses. I swear I'm working on a full photographic report on our spring break trip, but in the meantime, you'll have to make do with one additional photo on my muse post.
Okay, from personal experience I know that there were porbably a number of moments that drove you over the edge but this summary made me burst out laughing. hee hee
ReplyDeleteLove Sweetpea's travel ensemble as well!
oh! and the song is hysterical!!!! how could you not be laughing out loud??
ReplyDeleteHa! Great video. Although your car time does seem a little challenging, not the best time for soul searching, it also seems pretty entertaining. Perhaps you are doing a little reflecting this rainy morning. Take care, Denise
ReplyDeleteMove over Lady Gaga.
ReplyDeleteCould she BE any cuter? Seriously? So glad you had fun on your spring break! Wish we could have connected in Vegas. :)
ReplyDelete