www.flickr.com
mosey|kim's items Go to mosey|kim's photostream

Monday, April 4, 2011

finding my mojo


Looking at the archives of this blog I realize how absent I've been from it in recent months.  Which sort of correlates with how absent from my own life I felt over the past year.  In my mind anyway.  When I look over my photographs and think back on events and visits with family and friends, it was actually a fulfilling year on the surface.   But I've been lucky if I get one post out per week, and if I wasn't posting over at Mortal Muses every nine days I might have dropped off the face of the earth altogether.

I've grown to love this space I've created though - I find myself checking it like I do other favourite blogs, to see if it's been updated with anything scintillatingly interesting.  Nope.  Just more photos of my shoes.  But those shoes have carried me far and today I can say

I feel quiverings of joy thrumming under the surface
I'm regaining the ability to dream up what comes next
I can visualize some of those dreams becoming reality
My mind is gaining strength and vitality as is my physical body
I've started running at the age of 44 and although I've always hated running
I think I now like it
I cut eight inches off my hair and I think I might cut more
I'm sort of digging my crows feet
I might be getting the sass back which Sweetpea owns in spades

It's a start.
_____________________

And psssst. I'm musing on other forms of transportation at Mortal Muses today. 
Pay me a visit and see what toys I most liked to play with as a kid.

13 comments:

  1. "getting the sass back" -- superb! you made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that old mojo takes a vacation sometimes, but he always seems to return when we least expect it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Run your mojo right on over here. I will leave the light on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my friend ... your shoe photo made me smile.

    and when you do find your mojo, will you let me know if mine is parked next to it? i seem to have misplaced mine as well.

    i think it's the age...

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are running!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    wooooo hoooo!!!!!!!!!!
    I love that you are running.
    and sass is a good thing.
    and?
    we need the rest. it's not a loss of mojo, it's just the rest.
    you are running!!!!!!!
    we will run together. one day. promise.
    xo
    mo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so proud of you for starting to run! WOOT KIM!!!!! And for cutting off eight inches, and maybe more. It's such a great feeling, isn't it?!

    I hope you find your real mojo soon, but at least Sweet Pea has it in spades!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely post! You are making me want to run! You have more sass than you know!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, stay strong! Running is a wonderful thing.
    I read this and thought of you!
    http://whitehottruth.com/inspiration-spirituality-articles/you-can-change-a-sweeping-affirmation/

    You can do this. I know you do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love very real but very hopeful writing. It makes me feel like there is so much more to want and expect. And I love hearing it from someone over the age of 35. Not that it's any less real from people younger than me...but I prefer to get my inspiration looking around and forward - not back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it's awesome that you're running! I've recently started again too, and boy am I enjoying it. If we both start running now and run for like a week straight, we can meet in Redding or somewhere equally awful. :)

    ReplyDelete

Happy you're here ... please say hello.

Related Posts with Thumbnails