www.flickr.com
mosey|kim's items Go to mosey|kim's photostream

Sunday, May 29, 2011

contrast

Yesterday she was driving me crazy.
I can't find anything to dooooooooo,
I'm booooooored,
Can I have something to eeeeeeeeeat? 
I don't wanna read. 
I don't wanna draw.
I finally resorted to the threat of no television for the rest of her LIFE if she didn't give me five minutes of peace.


Today, she is fighting some sort of bug.  We all had a restless night.  The sun is shining and it's splendid outside, but we've spent most of the day indoors.  She put her doll in its jammies and they snuggled on the couch together to eat toast and snooze away the afternoon.  And I am drawn to sit near her and watch her sleep.  If I'm out of the room, I'm tuned to her every breath and slight moan, and peer around doorways to check on her.  Her sweetness, sometimes elusive to me when her energy overwhelms, so much easier to appreciate.

She's still my baby.  I occasionally hover like I do over the vegetable garden we finally planted yesterday, plucking slugs off the lettuce, whispering encouraging words to the tomatoes and snap peas.  I stroke her hair and want to kiss her feet as I did when she was tiny, and the nurturing part of me that I sometimes deny won't be ignored.

14 comments:

  1. Awe, I hope sweet pea feels better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So it's not just me... just told DH yesterday that I often feel like I am IN LOVE with them - can't touch enough, look enough, snuggle enough. Hope that she feels better soon! (Even in photographing sickness, your pictures are perfect and gorgeous!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww this is such a sweet post. you're such a wonderful mama =) i love the feet shot. and the vegetable garden yum i want to have one someday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh, my poor baby. give her a hug from me and the girls!

    Are we trading health issues? We must improve for the big adventure!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. sweet pea! feel better soon. I hope it wasn't a bug from us....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I hope she's feeling better soon.

    I don't wannnnnna is possibly my least favorite sentence. Of course my threat of, well you could clean baseboards tends to change their tune.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sweet post. hope she is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look like fragile little feet, captured by somebody who cares about them.

    I think everyone I love has a special sort of charm while they sleep. Maybe because it is such a vulnerable state.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A child with a bug cancels out all threats of lifelong punishment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely post. Hope your little ball of energy is feeling better.
    J

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is the rhythm of motherhood...

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is beautiful! Sometimes mine drive me to distraction, but then I see them sleeping and they look so scrumptious and peaceful that I melt. As Maggie said, it is the rhythym of motherhood.

    ReplyDelete

Happy you're here ... please say hello.

Related Posts with Thumbnails