www.flickr.com
mosey|kim's items Go to mosey|kim's photostream

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Winter getaway



Thanks to a good friend's significant birthday last weekend, we spent a weekend in the snow, which was just the end-of-January-blahs fix that we needed. Okay, that I needed.

Being a Canadian expat it was heaven, although where I grew up we didn't have a small mountain all to ourselves where we carved a tobogganing run through the trees and defied the odds of surviving a head-on collision.

Mag.ni.fi.cent.

But my local toboggan run back home had a creek at the bottom which either passed underneath us as we sailed airborne over it, or where more frequently we landed head first in the freezing water. Either way, rosy cheeks and wet bottoms and hot chocolate back in a warm house afterward are what make those lasting memories.

Both my family and the Englishman's are probably thoroughly sick of the snow where they are, but for us it was a great diversion!






4 comments:

  1. WOW! -- it looks like a wonderful getaway -- anything can be a novelty.

    change is always as good as a rest.

    enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful shots - you all look so happy. I need my own tobogganing fix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you still have our old wooden toboggan, Lianne? Grab that sucker and hit the slope at Neilson!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful place to spend some time. I am tired of the snow but certainly enjoy the outdoor activities. Great pics and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Happy you're here ... please say hello.

Related Posts with Thumbnails