www.flickr.com
mosey|kim's items Go to mosey|kim's photostream

Thursday, August 20, 2009

My Favourite Things


Freedom ride into Toronto for dinner with a friend. By mySELF. Meaning all alone.

I was going to title this post something exceedingly clever like Oh Canada or My home and native land as a precursor to some photos from visiting my family in Ontario.

But then Miss Sweetpea bounced in, grabbed the guitar (which English hubby plays, but I don't, even though it's my guitar), and started singing - rather tunefully albeit ear-splittingly - My favourite things from The Sound of Music. Her guitar playing - not quite so tuneful.

She hasn't seen the film version yet, but I've been singing her that song (with a few off-keys and made-up verses) since she was a baby, and we went to see the stage version while in Toronto during which she also sang at the top of her lungs. The theatre-goers surrounding us glared so I whacked them all over the head with a programme and told them to shove it. Okay, not really but I wanted to.

And how did we get from whacking theatre-goers to my vacation photos from Canada? Only the stream of consciousness in my brain knows. But most of what follows are - you know what's coming right? - my favourite things....

Sweetpea experiments with electricity at the Science Center....


...and rocks my hat at our rented cottage in Tobermory.

Cousin love.


Sweetpea snuggles with Nanny.


Boat ride to Flowerpot Island




My Dad and sister take a load off in exquisite surroundings.


The beauty of self-portraits, otherwise you'd probably never see a picture of me here.

Isn't he handsome?

Soaking up the sun on the edge of Lake Huron.


The cousins say good-bye before we head back to the big city.


The family. Miss ya's.

8 comments:

  1. man, and here I am stuck for the 60th day of over 100 degree weather... not that I am bitter about it.

    So happy that you got to go home and reconnect and relax.

    I love the electricity photo--great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful tribute to family and to the beauty of our province and the joys of vacation.

    hope it's not too long til your next one -- hey -- will that be China???

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way! Top pic, if you're taking the pic, who is DRIVING????????????????????????

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely pictures. I love the one of Sweetpea in the hat. And the English Hubby does look very handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Gorgeous. I loved seeing pictures of everyone since this is my first visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for sharing your favourite things. I loved all the pics and your reflections of you vacay! I hope sweatpea has a great first day of school.

    Take care,
    Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hat pic is glorious - I see it on the invite to her 21st!

    ReplyDelete

Happy you're here ... please say hello.

Related Posts with Thumbnails