Has morning cereal lined up by Sweetpea ever been more dramatic?
Finally.
A weekend at HOME.
Indian Summer heat.
We talked to no one and barricaded ourselves in the back garden with the paddling pool and low-energy chores (except for the half-ton of paving bricks that English hubby moved from one place to another).
Visited the Farmer's Market for the items we can't pick from the garden (bacon, lemons, honey, blackberries, mozzarella di bufala, olives).
Ate caprese on toast for lunch with our own tomatoes and basil. Felt languid.
Awaiting toast.
Made heart-stopping Pasta Carbonara (thank you Pastor Ryan and Pioneer Woman) for dinner and chased it with a second glass of wine. Just because.
Where's my dinner??
My unsettled spirit still awaits calm and a sense of purpose for this new phase in my life. The butterflies haven't yet subsided.
I know patience is required as doors tightly shut prepare to o p e n ....




I love beautiful and tasty food! I'm trying to learn more about the culinary arts. I'm sure your pasta carbonara was fabulous!
ReplyDeleteAren't family home weekends the best? We just had one and it was great.
Sweetpea is so artistic. Even with cereal. So cute!
Love the pics of Alice - she is so adorable. Glad you finally had a weekend at home, you must be exhausted after your summer of travel! I, on the other hand, feel like there needed to be a few more weekends AWAY - keeps the dynamic duo busy...looking forward to the campgin weekend coming up.
ReplyDeleteTell Sweetpea to have fun at school this week!
yummy,I will try that pasta dish this week! Your weekend sounds so nice. Our Saturday was filled with Opening Day for Soccer activities. Parade, game, pictures...all in the dripping heat.
ReplyDeleteI love the light in that cereal photo. I am excited for you and those doors that are opening.
ReplyDeleteI'll have to try that pasta carbonara recipe. And all that talk of wine is making me thirsty...
We had the carbonara last night. Oh. My. Gosh. So good. though I can't get the smell of bacon out of the house. The kids declared it a keeper. Thanks for pointing us to it.
ReplyDelete