Best laid plans. We both took photos of it anyway. And she made up for it the entire weekend by making us cards, pictures, and hiding little secret treasures in our favourite spots (mine: bed; hubby's: couch in the front window). She puts us to shame.
You may recall my story a while back where I described how one year, early in my courtship with English hubby, I spent Valentine's Day in Maui with a friend. And how English hubby has never let me forget it. Even though we rarely celebrate it, and only make an effort because of Sweetpea's mad love for anything holiday (and chocolate) related.
This year, Sweetpea and I will be celebrating on our own since English hubby has a work-related event in L.A. to attend. Okay, it's a movie premiere. I wouldn't miss it either. But you can bet I will not be letting him forget it. Ever.
Happy Valentine's Day.




That is a lovely cookie.
ReplyDeleteThat cookie looks just like the cookies I made with my granddaughter Saturday:) Happy Valentine's Day!
ReplyDeleteI would choose Johnny Depp too!!
ReplyDeletexo
Valentines with kids is fun. But the feeling of obligation to have a "romantic" night with your spouse, I could really do without that part. I'd actually prefer if my husband went out of town. Then all the pressure would be off.
ReplyDeletethat sweet pea is something else ~ she makes me smile!
ReplyDeletelooks like we are an 'all girl' house today too! Sean is off to orange county, so we have 'love story' movies planned for this rainy day! Crumb's request!
Aha--now you are even. I love the cookie with just a few random sprinkles. It's perfect.
ReplyDeleteI made matt peanut butter squares for hearts day - he went to work tonight... he left flowers though so I guess I'll let it slide. girls are where its at anyway especially ones as cute as sweetpea!
ReplyDeletelove your cookie =) and sweetpea and you are a pair! happy valentine's day!
ReplyDeleteSweet girl. Happy Valentine's Day, I'd never let him forget it either.
ReplyDeleteI like Valentine's Day, just for the cookies. When my boys were young, I would make heart shaped pizzas for each one, and heart shaped cookies. To me, Valentine's Day is the perfect handmade holiday. I love that Sweetpea loves holidays. So do I. And I love reading your stories about her.
ReplyDeletexo
mo