loot from the farmer's market. if you haven't had cowgirl creamery cheese before, well, sorry.
A few months back I joined a site called Grace in Small Things, intending to take part in Schmutzie's community of acknowledging joy in everyday life. I had the best of intentions but it also coincided with me desiring to get away from my computer and the various social media sites that I spent way too much time obsessively checking for updates. Goodbye Twitter and Facebook -- at least temporarily.
What joining GIST did for me, even though I haven't really contributed to it since, is prompt me into making sure I was acknowledging my gratitude on a regular basis. I've been writing in my journal at least four or five times a week for a while now, and the act of writing down the simple things that make me happy has been more helpful than chocolate at lifting my spirits.
Today I had four blissful hours all to myself. English hubby and Sweetpea headed for the zoo and I headed for the Farmer's Market.
It was sunny but very chilly, but I drove with the windows down and the radio blasting, sipping coffee and eating an entire waffle all by myself (Sweetpea usually helps).
driving soundtrack "so what'cha want" by the beastie boys
Days like this one satisfy me inside and out. No anxiety, no deadline, just big heaping piles of satisfaction. The kind that push me out of the valleys when I occasionally rest there.
How was your Sunday?
(I really want to know)
Addendum: "coffee and waffle" photo featured on coffee served daily.
_____________________
Join me as I muse on "still life" photography on Mortal Muses today.


okay, i started to drool when i saw your brussel sprouts - because trader joe's was out of them yesterday when we stopped in, and my girls have been jonesing for them.
ReplyDeletebut my mouth fell open when i saw that waffle. oh, please tell me it was as delicious as it looks!!!
a few hours to yourself? how joyous. do you mind if i tell you i'm slightly jealous. xx
Is it weird that what I got out of that picture was "Mmmm, brussel sprouts!" ??
ReplyDeleteI'm feeling spoiled. I got to have a whole day and a half to myself last week! But I'm glad you had some time too. Have I mentioned I love your photos? :)
ReplyDeleteThat seems like heaven to me...I am so thrilled that you got to enjoy it all to yourself!!! (Not to mention the food. yum!)
ReplyDeleteThe peace in this post feels good. Thank you for sharing it with us. Sunday was great, but I'm really liking Monday too, with its slice of chocolate cake and large glass of cold milk, waking up in the mood to write. I'm feeling grateful, indeed.
ReplyDeleteSunday was a birthday party... I am exhausted. But I had some time alone a while back, so I am only a little jealous about the Farmer's market part.
ReplyDeleteWhat is your secret with brussel sprouts?
After some lovely conversations with GoDaddy, it was truly delightful. A quiet day alone with some books, my computer, and NetFlix. :)
ReplyDeleteThose brussel sprouts look yummy-licious, and I approve of your driving soundtrack (like, really a lot). My Sunday was lazy-days: working a little, writing a little, knitting a lot, and trashy television. Best Sunday I've had in a long time.
ReplyDeleteGlad you got some time to yourself and could enjoy it! I'm off to visit GIST now...
'push me out of the valleys when I occasionally rest there' ~ such poetic beauty.
ReplyDeleteI miss those waffles.
I'm living vicariously through you. A whole four hours during the day? Heaven. But, I'm also grateful for these mornings drinking my coffee while I watch my 2-year-old put her bear and her baby to sleep on the floor under the dishtowels. Grace in small things, right?
ReplyDeletesounds like you had a great day! it was beautiful here on sunday, we took the dog for a long walk and breathed in some fresh spring-like air!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your Sundays!
ReplyDeleteAnnje: we keep it simple with brussel sprouts - roast 'em with potatoes, or simple steaming with some bits of bacon or prosciutto.
...and I thought I would be the only one who love brussel sprouts:)
ReplyDeleteSunday was a rough day for me ...making sure my nephew with bipolar disease was in a safe place...all worked out well though and a weight was off my shoulders...
i just tried to eat that picture which is odd because I don't like brussel sprouts.
ReplyDeleteHad to add one thing. I love the photo. HATE brussel sprouts.
ReplyDeleteI spent my Sunday baking a cake. There's nothing quite like baking therapy...x
ReplyDeleteYour photos are delicious! I embrace the idea of enjoying life's small things and have been working on an iStudio post on that subject. My Sunday was filled with studio work for an upcoming teaching workshop and an evening movie with my husband. A good weekend.
ReplyDeleteYour photos are gorgeous. The first one is so simple yet so beautiful. Great Job. Your Sunday sounds wonderful. My sunday was not as nice. I finalley fled the house for Trader Joe's. I did get a coffee for wandering the isles though!
ReplyDeleteNever thought I liked brussel sprouts until I married a brit. I've tried them many different ways with various success but the best recipe by far is this simple one: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/basic-brussels-sprouts-recipe/index.html The whole family gobbles them up. (but be careful, because it is a fine line between perfect and burned!)
The photo of apples and cheese got me thinkin'- I'm heading to the green grocer's this afternoon. ;)
ReplyDeleteI'm definitely spending time away from my computer and social networking sites. I have so many things I want to accomplish, and after taking a good look at what is important, well, the internets fall to last place.
Instead on Sunday I went for a walk in the evening through my neighbourhood, kicking the snow and breathing in fresh winter air. It's a good thing!
omg I loooove cowgirl creamery! Totally pigged out on their yummers when I was in SF!
ReplyDeletehttp://ladulcivida.blogspot.com/