One of my favourite family-isms from childhood. Usually spoken by my Dad as one of us inadvertently walked in front of his golf game on the TV.
happy birthday Dad.
wish you were sitting on my couch right now with your tea and the paper.
+ + + + + + + + + +
(musing on doors and windows at mortal muses today)

This is SO our dad. ;-)
ReplyDeleteLianne
xoxoxo
that is also something my dad always says --
ReplyDeletedo they learn this at dad school.
"Dad didn't make glass children..." Yup, that's Chris's quote. :)
ReplyDeleteOh yes, "You make a better door than a window... although you are a pane/pain." That's how it went in our house ;)
ReplyDeleteIf I had a nickel for every time my dad said that, I'd at least be able to buy myself a new macbook!
ReplyDeleteHow have I survived all of these years without ever hearing this? It's fabulous!
ReplyDeleteI've never heard it either - love it. Stealing it! And great photo, as always!
ReplyDeleteOh yes, I've heard that very same line. Wonderful image of your father.
ReplyDeleteMy husband would crack up both me and our kids because he would always say..."Is your father a glazer?" ...well that made little sense to us and we now always kiddingly say..."Is your fater a glacier?" Makes no sense but is now a family joke. Thanks for making me smile and Happy Birthday to your dad!
ReplyDelete