One of my non-resolutions for this coming year is to just get at it. Do something with my photography. Write more. Do something with the hours of video footage languishing here and there on my backup drives. Make it pretty. Learn, and get better.
And conquer the fear of not only being creative but actually let people see what I create.
Here is one of those pieces that I shot and then ignored for almost four months. But it deserves to be seen if only because it was a day spent with talented people in a creative and beautiful environment, with instruction by Andrea of hulaseventy, one of the most talented people I know and incredibly generous with her gifts.
I love it! You have mad skills and talent! And I now want that soundtrack too - what happy music. I only wish I'd seen more of YOU on camera - I think I spied a quick snapshot of you! Also, that day looks like SO much fun! I'd love to participate in something like that around here, if being a real photographer isn't a requirement! Ha!
ReplyDeleteFabulous job, truly! This was super enjoyable to watch! xo
Glad to see you back here a bit more. I've missed your posts and photos. I always think they are wonderful, so from my perspective, you don't even have to "get better." Just write something, take some pictures and I will like it. I'm also trying to get back on my blog this year. I know that I feel happier when I'm writing and communicating.
ReplyDeleteKim...I'm so glad you shared this bit of your creativity. I really believe our creativity is a light that shines and just like that old Sunday school song tells us that we shouldn't hide our light under a bushel I hope you won't let your light hide on a hard drive :D
ReplyDeleteLaura B.
Looks like fun. I'm with you on the get to it, do it, learn, etc. So I guess I better say goodbye and get back to writing. Cheers to doing and learning.
ReplyDeleteOne word: MORE!
ReplyDeleteWaiting for the big film that I'll be paying to see!
ReplyDeletethe video is awesome kim! as i said when you took that class last year...so jealous. i wish andrea would come to NYC!
ReplyDeleteoh kim, this is beautiful. so loved to seeing the workshop through your eyes. just loved it. thanks so much for shooting it, for putting it together, for posting it. so incredibly lovely. xoxo
ReplyDelete