www.flickr.com
mosey|kim's items Go to mosey|kim's photostream

Sunday, January 15, 2012

random fun


Back in October I attended a three day photography retreat with new and old friends, none of whom I'd actually met in person before. Over the past few years through Flickr, Mortal Muses, and Shutter Sisters I unknowingly joined a whole new community (in addition to my bloggy community) that quickly became my tribe. A day after Camp Shutter Sisters as I walked through Chinatown with a few of my new friends, all of us with cameras slung around necks, pausing to take random photos of alleyways and our feet, I found myself grinning with delight.  As a child it's easy to make instant friends - you show up at the playground and done.  I remember randomly knocking on doors in my neighbourhood to find a new friend with whom to play and soon being immersed in an imaginary world with whomever I found.  It was effortless. As an adult it's not quite so simple, so I am doubly grateful for the internet and the people who have enriched my life with inspiration and artistry, both visual and written.  It's a gift.  People who get me.

Yesterday I met up with some of that tribe for a photowalk and lunch.  Yes, people stared at us as we ran back and forth from our cameras to our positions to grab silly photos, but it didn't matter.  It was FUN.   

Move your cursor over the photo below to see before and after (and then go back and forth fast!).

16 comments:

  1. LOVE this. You really need to take some photos for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I love the before and after photos. What fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO freaking cool! LOVE LOVE LOVE! (wish I was IN the picture!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you DO that? Wonderful! There's nothing like finding your people. I'm happy for you. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG - the before and after is so awesome!!
    so sorry I missed this one, but I'll for sure be at the next one! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always know you are doing something right when people start to stare :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim! You have said -- and showed -- it all so well! It was a true delight, and what is thrilling is that I know there is more to come. xHillary

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is fantastic and you are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, this is such fun!
    Love it!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you had so much fun with them! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so brilliant!!!! love it... you lucky ladies getting to hang out xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Happy you're here ... please say hello.

Related Posts with Thumbnails