www.flickr.com
mosey|kim's items Go to mosey|kim's photostream

Friday, October 10, 2008

Crisp clear days

I love love LOVE the Autumn.

Back home in the east (Ontario), when the leaves started to turn and the sky became that bright clear crisp blue I would feel this tingle of unrestrained happiness. Some folks find the Fall melancholy, maybe it's the end of summer and vacations that makes them feel that way.

But to me it feels like a BEGINNING somehow. School starts (if you happen to like school), there are piles of dry leaves to crunch along in, there are a string of events to look forward to - Thanksgiving is coming (sooner in Canada than in the U.S.), then Hallowe'en and for my family a string of birthdays and then Christmas! And hey, let's be honest, Fall clothes are just so much nicer than Summer clothes. Spiffy jackets, cozy sweaters and boots (oh, how I love all my boots).



Since I've lived in California (14 years), Fall doesn't have quite the same feeling and I usually need to go on a roadtrip somewhere slightly cooler with more deciduous trees, or fly home to Ontario to get the full experience. But today.... it's Fall. It's chilly (sweaters and boots), the sky is blindingly blue, the leaves are swirling in the gutters and on the patio. S played soccer (a new pursuit which she is loving), we picked up a couple of pumpkins at the store (haven't hit the pumpkin patch yet for ones to carve), and she is now dancing around the house in her Hallowe'en costume.




And now she has come to ask me to make lunch in "surprising shapes" because that's what Daddy does. Thanks a lot, honey.

Happy Fall, folks.

1 comment:

Happy you're here ... please say hello.

Related Posts with Thumbnails