If there is a time in the fall when I
am melancholy, it's Canadian Thanksgiving. Just because I know that back home in Ontario my parents and sister and gorgeous nieces are eating turkey and enjoying the holiday without little ol' me. It's not as hard now because we no longer have our family cottage on the lake in Muskoka, enjoying the last days of Indian summer (or not), so I'm not missing that particular part of it - just the getting together and being with loved ones part.
So for Canadian Thanksgiving, I give you this photo of one of our local wild turkeys who roam the streets in packs of five or six, occasionally legging it out of the bushes right in front of you just in case you didn't realize they were there and needed reminding. This one hopped up on our patio roof and watched us eat breakfast through the window one Sunday morning, somewhat suspiciously.
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving, family and friends. I'm thankful for you!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Happy you're here ... please say hello.