www.flickr.com
mosey|kim's items Go to mosey|kim's photostream

Saturday, October 23, 2010

daydreaming


Sometimes you find images in the darndest places. This was in the bathroom of a brick-walled bistro where I had lunch with a dear friend last week. Although out the window was an urban patio and the sounds of diners enjoying their salads, in my imagination I could hear the rush of waves and a distant fog horn from inside my faded shingled cottage, gazing over an empty windswept landscape.  Porch swing creaking on the porch, fingers picking at a pulled thread in my heavy cardigan, putting the kettle on the rear burner and waiting for the fishing boats to return... 


...or not.

4 comments:

  1. You never know what's going to trigger a daydream. I like it that way. Yours was a good one. I liked going there on this lazy and rainy Sunday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post sounds like a novelist in the making. Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo ~ and I do believe I know where you were...Union Street at one of my favorite bistros (Chez Maman)?

    I agree with Lianne, you are a novelist. A book in your future, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the other ladies. And I've been thinking about this post since I read it over the weekend, and wondering - did you happen to have your camera in your purse with you, or did you go back for it?!

    ReplyDelete

Happy you're here ... please say hello.

Related Posts with Thumbnails