
For the windows, to keep it simple, perhaps some simple sheers in a blue tone to go with the blues on our quilt? Falling to the floor with some ribbons to tie them back?

For the niche, we need to find a purpose. Practical? Comfortable? Right now, it's handy having a chair there for us to toss our clothes on when we don't manage to get them into the laundry basket or back on a hanger. Let's be realistic, shall we? But I'd love to give that area a sitting room feel, somewhere sane to come with a book or the laptop when the house is in chaos (which is always).
I love the retro-ish look of these chairs from Pier 1. They're even reasonably priced, although I think I might find something at the flea market or thrift store with a similar feel.

And to bring back the feeling of some 70's lamps that were in the basement of my childhood home, something like this? LOVE this!
To accompany the chair, a bookshelf? I like the open and airy feel of this etagere from Cost Plus for a book or two and some knick-knacks, but perhaps I need a small table instead (or in addition to) that I can paint a funky colour? Something like this little one I found on lune vintage.
On the wall, what? I like this (insanely pricey) patchwork-style wood piece from Pottery Barn, and would probably make one myself in colours of my own choosing. Or maybe a grouping of frames with some funky wrapping/shelf paper in them? Or maybe a brushed nickel "clothesline" with some current photos clipped to it?
I love the retro-ish look of these chairs from Pier 1. They're even reasonably priced, although I think I might find something at the flea market or thrift store with a similar feel.

And to bring back the feeling of some 70's lamps that were in the basement of my childhood home, something like this? LOVE this!
To accompany the chair, a bookshelf? I like the open and airy feel of this etagere from Cost Plus for a book or two and some knick-knacks, but perhaps I need a small table instead (or in addition to) that I can paint a funky colour? Something like this little one I found on lune vintage.
On the wall, what? I like this (insanely pricey) patchwork-style wood piece from Pottery Barn, and would probably make one myself in colours of my own choosing. Or maybe a grouping of frames with some funky wrapping/shelf paper in them? Or maybe a brushed nickel "clothesline" with some current photos clipped to it?





You've been busy! I would love to paint the dining room red and get a sparkly chandelier, but we rent, so I am going to use it as an accent colour instead. Good luck with your endeavours!
ReplyDelete