www.flickr.com
mosey|kim's items Go to mosey|kim's photostream

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

That's my girl.


Three flights of steps the height of a 50 story building,
670 steps in total.




That's what Sweetpea and I did after I picked her up from daycare today.

Right across the street from her school, through the redwoods and up a steep driveway are the Dipsea Steps. English husband and I try to hike them when we can - it's a good solid workout, but we've never taken Sweetpea. She and her class explored the bottom flight today, and she decided she wanted to go the whole way.

So we did. She made it the whole way herself too, including a 1/4 mile stroll at the top before we headed back down. We picked some miner's lettuce and munched it as we walked since I hadn't brought anything to drink or eat on our impromptu trek.

I had intended to get her home right after school as our dreaded tax appointment is in the morning and I still had some prep to do. But I'm all about shifting priorities. She had waffles for dinner when we got home since I wanted to make some for the freezer, and dinner prep got shifted right out of the schedule. Now it's tax prep time and I might even make it before Lost starts.

But a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, right?

Word to the wise: waffles with maple syrup are not a good choice if you don't want a completely WIRED five year old at bedtime.

4 comments:

  1. Put me to shame why don't you. However, the dynamic duo and I did walk about 670 steps around the Loblaws supercenter tonight buying groceries...does that count? ;-)

    Good luck with the taxes - my appointment is next week!

    Lianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow super impressive! It's amazing what kids can do when it involves climbing!

    Mmmm. Breakfast for dinner. A favorite at our house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow sweatpea you rock! That is impressive. Keep it up!
    Shauna and MacLean xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just want to tell you that I love, love, love that new quotation at the top. It makes me feel better after a miserable week.

    ReplyDelete

Happy you're here ... please say hello.

Related Posts with Thumbnails