www.flickr.com
mosey|kim's items Go to mosey|kim's photostream

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

i know how she feels


Obviously she was channelling Greta Garbo.

She was in a snit on the weekend so we suggested that perhaps some quiet time in her room might help.  Off she went (slam).  Door opens a few minutes later, footsteps, junk drawer in kitchen opens, may I have a piece of paper?, footsteps back to room, door closes.  I find the note five minutes later.

Can't blame her, there are days when I feel like shutting the world out and being left alone too. I had a day like that on Monday. Oh, those Mondays. After picking her up from school we had a battle of wills and things went downhill fast. So instead of enjoying the glorious sunshine, we got groceries and bedding for the guinea pig and went home. Where I proceeded to have a minor meltdown, the result of which was a raging email to English hubby. It helped (and he was probably glad not to be there in person while I vented). She did her homework quickly, I pulled myself together, and we went for a sunset walk on the docks and a game of hide-and-seek in her favourite spot.

In her case, she bounced out of her room happily after a quiet half an hour.  It takes me a good while longer to pull myself out of the gutter but shoes, sunshine and a forgiving six year old ultimately do the trick.

+ + + + + + + + + + 

Today I pulled an image from the archives for my night-themed Mortal Muses post.

11 comments:

  1. Your labels make me laugh! I hear you on taking a while to pull yourself out of the gutter - I swear, the older I get the longer it can take. Argh. Thank god for our adorable little ones. Ms Foo can be a screaming miserable banshee one minute, and literally an angel the next! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say I burst out laughing as I read the note. That kid is right on - I may just copy her note for myself.

    I myself am dealing with a pre-teen whose up and down moods are driving me to distraction - thank goodness she is adorable in between the challenging moments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how she feels too--I just might have to copy her note as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like six has it's challenges, but I am excited for that age. And I would love 30 minutes alone in my bedroom :) I love her pink scrolls on the note.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are a GREAT mom! Sweat Pea is lucky to have you and your even-tempered self. I love that you 'understand' her needs and space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a cutie. i've read those same kind of notes from Lola after a SLAM of her door too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how I love that sign. Priceless.
    There will be days like this.
    And I hope they are very few and far between.
    xo
    mo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh, she's pretty amazing. Has enough time passed? Can I giggle? I love the little 'no people' bit in the lower section of her sign.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The wrath is swift and the recovery quick. I wish I could have their bounce back ability!

    ReplyDelete

Happy you're here ... please say hello.

Related Posts with Thumbnails