My Mum and Dad arrived earlier this week for a two and a half week visit. (This is a good thing... I love 'em to bits.) They both forgot their slippers. Comfort is a high priority in a house with cold floors so we went out the first day to get them some.
I am thankful that my mother bought these socks for herself specifically because she knew her seven year old granddaughter would love them.
Sweetpea only gets to see her Nanny and Papa two or three times a year given that we live on opposite coasts. The day they arrived I took them to pick her up from school where she ran across the playground, weaving in and out of people, to leap into their arms and immediately begin recounting every moment of her day and every day since the last time she saw them. Three days later, she still hasn't stopped talking.
I am thankful that, really, you're never too old to be read a story. In particular one called The Giant Strawberry written by your granddaughter. And you give the story the same acclaim a Pulitzer-winning novel would receive.
Although there was frost last night requiring flannel sheets to be wrapped around the lemon tree, and the days are painfully short meaning that a late afternoon walk now requires a flashlight, I am grateful. The smell of butternut squash soup fills the house. Our often empty guest room is occupied by people I adore. Sweetpea embraces each day with a joy and vigor that English hubby and I strive to emulate. I am embracing my mosey, and exploring being compassionate with myself. I am surrounded physically by friends and family who love and accept me as I am. I have a wider community in the blogosphere of like-minded writers and bloggers and mothers and photographers I am blessed to know.
To my American friends, Happy Thanksgiving.
To my Canadian friends, don't worry I still know when the real Thanksgiving is.
And to the rest of you across the globe, I hope that in your neck of the woods you are also embracing the small moments that make it all worthwhile.
I'm off to crunch through some leaves...



Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and vacation with your family...
ReplyDeleteLove that Sweetpea is enjoying her time with her grandparents. My girls always love long visits with theirs...
And the socks? They rock!
have a great thanksgiving, I absolutely love those socks!
ReplyDeletewhat a beautiful post. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving to you and your family.
ReplyDeleteLove mom's slipper socks, your post, and you!
ReplyDelete(and love that blog hop thing...cool!)
eeeek! i want those cute socks!!!
ReplyDeletehappy thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving! I miss Thanksgiving, it is one of my favorite holidays. I am glad you get to spend it with your parents and that they are such sweet grandparents for sweetpea. Eat some stuffing for me ;-)
ReplyDeleteso glad the folks are there for all you at this time -- their visit is like a warm flannel sheet surrounding the three of you.
ReplyDeletesend them my best and many thanks for the lovely lovely heartfelt words in the card they sent me.
that was a little flannel sheet for me too.
Just now you make me very thankful that my grandchildren live the next town over...I know how fortunate I am!
ReplyDeleteHave a Wonderful, Happy, Busy, Full of Love Thanksgiving!
What a beautiful post! And I love those socks, too! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteSo lovely Mosey. I love the photos and the words, they ring true! Enjoy your Thanksgiving with your parents.
ReplyDeleteRegardless of when the day is (we're celebrating Saturday!), we all know it's the spirit that matters. So thankful that I have met you through the muses!
lovely post. what a great grandma your mother is. Happy Thanksgiving.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your day with your parents, EH, and dearest SP! Hope it is truly happy. Love ya. Tam
ReplyDeleteLovely post, and happy hopping!
ReplyDeleteWhat a super sweet post! I hope the rest of your visit with family is full of much love and laughter!
ReplyDeletehope you are having a great time with the family. lovely post
ReplyDeleteTruly a post that warmed my heart ~ enjoy every single moment with your mama and papa!
ReplyDeleteThat was very enjoyable. It's nice to hear about the things you love in your life. As always, beautiful pictures to :)
ReplyDeleteFeeling so sorry for myself I can't think what to write.
ReplyDeleteOk pulled myself together.
Lovely pictures.
Lovely grand/parents - lucky you.
Glad to read you are treating yourself with compassion -
long may it continue.
I am so thankful for you (and your talent) and think moseying is a glorious thing!
Mosey, I love this post, especially how you write about your mom and your daughter. The relationship between grandkids and grandparents is so special. Unfortunately my daughter lost her Omi when she was only eight, and she loved her so much. Your voice in your post is just loveable (does this word even exist?).
ReplyDeleteGrand parents are the most wonderful things ever. And your parents sound extra-special. Lucky sweetpea to have them.
ReplyDeleteHope you had a wonderful holiday.
♥maureen
you can tell by your writing today you are in such a good place with your folks visiting. what an amazing time you will have with them! try a head lamp! then you have both hands free!
ReplyDeleteYes, I'm embracing the small moments that make it all worthwhile, like listening to my husband's quiet snore as I type this comment.
ReplyDeleteHappy crunching.