www.flickr.com
mosey|kim's items Go to mosey|kim's photostream

Monday, November 1, 2010

hallowe'en!


Every year I roll my eyes when Hallowe'en comes around, convinced that it is the most annoying holiday EVER and that I will refuse to celebrate it out of sheer cussedness.  And every year, Sweetpea anticipates the day like Christmas and is in a tizzy of excitement for weeks leading up to it. 

So a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, if only to please my six year old.

Note to self, self-timed shots in low light should not be rushed or weird focus will ensue.


There was cake.  There was a Spider Girl to keep the ghouls in line, there was pumpkin carving, there was candy.  Done for another year.  Next!



Happy Hallowe'en!

p.s. I secretly had fun, but don't tell.

______________________________

I mused on "where I live" over on Mortal Muses today.

11 comments:

  1. Love that adorable spiderwoman but you and b-i-l scare me! ;-)

    The pumpkin in the tree is COOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a lot of fun! You guys look great in your costumes! I see what you mean about the weird focus, but it's not too bad. I don't mind Halloween festivities, but I don't like the evil/scary side of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the coolest mom. I'm sure it helps having such an irresistible little girl. She looks so cute in her Spider Girl costume.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's dedication to put the green make up on --- I suspected a wee bit of fun.

    Like the pumpkin in the hammock -- kinda whimsical.

    And English Hubby -- freaked me out -- so ghoulish.

    loved Sweet Pea's sassy take on Spider girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so stinkin sweet ... love how you all got into the spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! The pumkin in the hammock is my fave. Your costumes rock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos. The first is my favourite because it's such a lovely study in light.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy some of it, but the actually day always annoys me. ha.

    I love how you guys put the pumpkin in the tree. Is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love sweetpea's costume. She rocks it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i guess a good mom does what she has to do!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love her costume and I love that you dress up--I can never bring myself to do that.

    ReplyDelete

Happy you're here ... please say hello.

Related Posts with Thumbnails