www.flickr.com
mosey|kim's items Go to mosey|kim's photostream

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

the low down


I posted at Mortal Muses today about "down low" - photos taken from the worm's eye view.

It's always an interesting process choosing not only my own photo for the post, but someone else's from the flickr pool. I really wanted to use my mossy photo above for the post (from a visit to the Japanese Tea Gardens in San Francisco last weekend), but found that it didn't go well with the one I chose from the pool. Finding the perfect pairing is not an exact science, but the eye knows what goes and what doesn't.

In my post I laughed about how English hubby and I approach photography - he's always going for the big picture, up in trees, clambering up cliffs to get his shot.  I'm usually crouched low, focusing tightly on some small detail that normally wouldn't catch the eye.

Since my folks are in town (have I mentioned how much I *love* 'em??), they've been nice enough to let English hubby and I escape for a little time to ourselves and we did a photo walk together this past weekend.

Here are a few photos from that walk, including the captions from Flickr which give a good sense of my hubby's personality.

headlands hubby
If there is a sheer death-defying drop, it will be immediately behind him.

headlands fence and hubby
If there is a fence to stay on one side of, he will be on the other.

headlands bunker

These are part of a crumbling old army bunker, which litter the coastal headlands north of San Francisco.

headlands window


I embrace our differences. Vive la différence!

10 comments:

  1. Love all the photos - and the captions. hee hee

    And I really really like that mossy shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Photos! It must have been nice to get out and do something like that. It is so interesting how two people can see such different thing or capture them so differently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Fantastic photos. I loved that ice one on the other blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post! You and Damian will have to do Diptychs from different perspectives. Too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Something about that last photo just speaks to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photography is just wonderful! :)
    Leslie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that first photo is awesome- reminds me of fairy land.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love the Japanese Tea Garden photo - amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. found your blog via your picture winter profile.

    i've enjoyed scrolling through, as you have so many interesting and really good photos! i wanted to chime in on many of them, but i absolutely had to comment on this post, because the first photo in it is absolutely amazing!!

    i gasped when i saw it. just so cool! and gorgeous!

    glad i found your blog. your photography is great, and i always look forward to seeing what you come up with next at picture winter.

    ReplyDelete

Happy you're here ... please say hello.

Related Posts with Thumbnails