This week, productivity-wise, was not a week of power. I procrastinated. I ate too much. And I sulked.
And then woke up at 5:45 this morning knowing it was time to kick-start. Again. I dragged myself out of bed, put on my shoes, and hit the road with my camera.
And as always - ALWAYS - I felt invigorated. There's nothing like rising with the sun (literally). I walked directly toward it as its ridiculously orange hue peeped over the horizon. I inhaled. I stopped occasionally and raised my camera, and then walked again. I was home by 8:00 to a still quiet house, Sweetpea reading in her room, English hubby just emerging from the covers. (and yes I was tempted to crawl right back into bed, but resisted....)
It was bliss. The practice of emerging from periods of the doldrums is getting easier and easier, and the recovery from self-punishing myself for not living up to my own expectations is brief.
Just to be alive is a grand thing.
___________________
The theme at Mortal Muses this week is SILHOUETTES.


Just keep puttin' those shoes on babe! xo tam
ReplyDeleteThat first picture is gorgeous. I love, love, LOVE it!
ReplyDeleteSo beautifully put....I felt myself being 'picked up' just by reading your words...
ReplyDeleteLove waking up in the morning and finding a whole slew of photos from mosey! These are gorgeous - as are the others in your photostream.
ReplyDeleteIs that you in the first, having left your camera behind?
Good on you also for getting up so early to pull yourself into the light - I SHOULD have done that yesterday with the mood I was in.
xoxs
I too love looking at life through your eyes! You are honest and really talented. Thanks for always sharing your slice of life with us!
ReplyDeleteyou pictures look so warm and liquid -- like a warm wash -- does our cold souls good in Canada with temps in the crackly frigid -30s.
ReplyDeleteyour words about the sunrise made me think about a poem "Women on the Beach" by Ann Michaels -- she talks about the tangerine air at sunset --
your post and pictures were like a warm hug. thanks.
every day is a chance to recharge -- i love that. i turn into a slug in the winter, but when i drag myself out into the world i remember that it's a gorgeous sumptuous feast for the soul. love your silhouette. beautiful words and images. xo
ReplyDeletelovely my procrastinator friend :)
ReplyDeleteGorgeous. Your pictures and your vision.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great post; very inspirational...love how you woke up early to take pictures..sounds like an amazing way to start your day...love your photos too...looking forward to reading more about you and your posts!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful images and words. I find that each time I re-learn the same thing, it is a bit shorter to recover, as you said. Be gentle and kind to yourself.
ReplyDeleteIt has been a long time since I have dragged myself out at dawn...and I am not much of a morning person...but these photos and your words are getting me to rethink that:) Beautiful!
ReplyDeletei posted a somewhat similar story today. let the inspiration come! beautiful shots.
ReplyDeleteWow, beautiful pictures here my friend!
ReplyDeleteLove the warmth of the sun.
what a lovely post. and lovely to meet you at the potluck the other night too. what any amazing group of talented ladies, good grief. happy week to you.
ReplyDeletethese are incredible! ESPECIALLY the first!
ReplyDeletethe rising sun invigorates me, too! i need to be more intentional about making sure i see it more often. i'm usually in slumberland when the sun appears on the scene. =)
but i do love a good sunset, too... where the sunrise is invigorating, the sunset is so calming... to me, anyways.
Beautiful images. You are so right, simply being alive is grand.
ReplyDeleteI love this post, and your pictures. I especially like the perspective of 'abstract morning'. Well done, you.
ReplyDelete