www.flickr.com
mosey|kim's items Go to mosey|kim's photostream

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

History as explained by a five year old

As we watched the Inauguration this morning before school, a free-form flow of commentary and thoughts flowed out of my daughter as we waited for "Rock Obama" to show up.

Here are her thoughts on Martin Luther King, none of which I had discussed with her on MLK Day (for no reason other than I forgot and I'm a terrible mother):

"He believed that people with skin that wasn't white
that couldn't go into grocery stores should go into grocery stores.


He believed in peace and no wars and he got shot and he died."

I don't think I could have said it any better.

I'm a day behind my current events, stay tuned for Sweetpea's take on the Inauguration, coming up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy you're here ... please say hello.

Related Posts with Thumbnails