We then laughed about maybe needing to make a resolution to drink less coffee because of our irritable natures. But I think she was more likely telling me super nicely that I needed to cheer UP, sister! She's probably right. I'm often compelled to be contrary and crotchety. (there's a resolution right there to work on...)
Without getting too deeply into my kneejerk negative reaction to resolutions, let me here say that yes. I do make resolutions. I just try not to do it officially at the turn over to a new year. That kind of pressure to perform I can do without.
This past year has been an incredible gift in so many ways - circumstances combined in a way that offered me opportunities to reflect on my career (and how I'm re-inventing it), my role as a mother, my place in the world and how I want to live in it, and even the desire to crack the door open to the divine in my life (again).
So, even though I don't do resolutions usually, here's my attempt to wrap up a few of the realizations I've had this past year:
LAUGH more
whisper and listen
create ART in some form
live lightly on the earth
hike with my family
go to the Farmer's market often
eat and cook local and organic food when possible
create a vegetable garden
let go the reins occasionally
acknowledge my divine nature
be thankful every day
whisper and listen
create ART in some form
live lightly on the earth
hike with my family
go to the Farmer's market often
eat and cook local and organic food when possible
create a vegetable garden
let go the reins occasionally
acknowledge my divine nature
be thankful every day

I am a grumpy poohead too and don't make resolutions, at leasat the New Year's ones--too much pressure and January is not inspiring for me. I like your list of goals, though. Letting go of the reins... oooh that is a hard one. I wish I could do that!
ReplyDeleteI like your "realizations". We need to get together more. We have such common goals!
ReplyDelete