www.flickr.com
mosey|kim's items Go to mosey|kim's photostream

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Tonsils and Tidying



Yet another day of no work for Mrs. Mosey today, folks. Guess who's home again with tonsilitis? When I grew up and you had tonsilitis there was no nonsense - off you go to the hospital to have 'em out. Not that I'm suggesting that putting my little sweetie under the knife is a choice I'd make without a care in the world, but how in heck am I supposed to get any work done?

For those of you who don't know me well, that was sarcasm. Mostly. I'm Canadian.

I'm reluctantly enjoying these kinds of days where plans go out the window and we just go with the flow, though. And I do appreciate the fact that I get bonus time to hang out with my five year old who seems to like being with me at the moment. Even when I'm grumpy. Yesterday we visited her kindergarten for the first time - yes, kindergarten approaches! - and one of the teachers mentioned how much kids this age LOVE having their parents around (desperate attempt to hustle parent classroom volunteers), and I recognize that the time is coming when Sweetpea will not want me to be around when she's at school with her friends.

So today we played "What time is it Mr. Wolf", we puttered in the garden, we worked side-by-side at our computers, she drew pictures on every single post-it in the house, we ate popsicles, and I watched her do her tidying.

Since Sweetpea was small, she's had a tendency to arrange things. When she was two, I came out of the shower to find every single t-shirt in my drawers laid out on the floor in very tidy rows. She has arranged parties for her stuffies, and creates still life arrangements out of toys that I've occasionally photographed over the years.



Last week, I came out of the house to find that she had picked a bunch of our Mexican daisies and arranged them in groups of three step-by-step. Not sure why, but it looked pretty until the wind came up. Then she picked them up and presented them to me for vase placement.



And if that isn't proof enough that I leave her to her own devices a little too much, while I composed part of this blog post she was retrieving her sidewalk oil pastels (from a very high shelf),

drawing this


and ending up like this


Doesn't look very sick, does she?

3 comments:

  1. it looks like you had a nice day at home despite the tonsilitis. The other day I heard about a new laser tonsilectomy that is much less invasive--I can't tell you much about it except the recovery time is hours rather than weeks--it might be worth checking out.

    Ahhh kindergarten... they grow so fast--a blessing and a curse.

    love the dolls on the stairs--what a sense of space and order!

    my word verification is alkies... is there a message there? haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh oh - Miss L has been complaining of a sore throat - maybe I ought to take it more seriously.....
    Hope Sweatpea feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the flower arrangement! so artistic, must take after mama! s seems pretty energetic to have tonsilitis...

    ReplyDelete

Happy you're here ... please say hello.

Related Posts with Thumbnails