If Sweetpea disappears for 20 minutes in the bathroom just to wash her hands and brush her teeth before school, instead of hollering from the kitchen HURRY UP (my first inclination), I've tried a light tap on the door and a gentle reminder to focus on the task at hand. I suppose I can't blame her. I'm so easily distracted myself which I'm sure she has observed since birth and now thinks is the norm.
I took this photo last week while on a video shoot with my friend and co-worker. Today on Shutter Sisters the issue is focus, and this seemed like the perfect accompaniment to my intention today to focus -- on my (neverending) list, on time well spent with Sweetpea, on getting work done in the time available.
Those bubbles are mesmerizing though.... I think I'm getting distracted....

Great shot and great reminder that we can be more gentle and loving in parenthood!
ReplyDeleteI say "focus" a lot too... it alternates with "stop talking and...". I love the bubbles. I hope you've had a productive day.
ReplyDeleteWonderful shot.
ReplyDeleteI want to hear about your project sometime.
The bubbles ARE mesmerizing....great post!
ReplyDeleteThis is a great shot! I'm going to use it throughout the day as I personally need to focus. Which will be -- oo! SQUIRREL!
ReplyDeleteI had sort of the same fascination with champagne bubbles on New Year's, and never did quite capture the shot I wanted.
So pretty!
ReplyDeleteThis is a lovely idea, and a lovely photograph. Thanks for sharing this! I am working on focusing today and this is just what I needed. :)
ReplyDeleteOk, so you know where my mind is I was thinking of your fizzy water and our science fair experiment in which we put raisins in baking soda and fizzy water and they become swimming raisins. Oh my you can see where my focus is these days. Helping my class complete two science fair projects! YIKES lovely post and reminds me that I need to focus more to get more done I tend to sit and "veg" at night not motivated to do anything these days. Oh well it will all get done in due time! Take care,
ReplyDeleteI love the bubbles!
ReplyDeleteSo timely for me to read this today. I had a million things to do today and trouble just focusing the plowing through. Of course as my daughter was doing her homework, I told her she needed to focus. Perhaps I should lead by example.