English hubby, when I asked him what things irk me most from his point of view, succinctly said "You're frequently irked, honey." He had a very nice apologetic look on his face, but that's probably just because I do his laundry.
In my own defense, I think I balance my irk well with my lack of patience and my desire to be left alone. Actually, I was just going to say that I balance it well with my good qualities (such as making exceedingly good waffles), but it seems it's my day to be self-deprecating.
Sweetpea displays her balanced personality.
Where am I going with this? I don't even know myself.
But I wanted to leave you with some of my more stellar personality traits to ponder as I'm embarking on a work project that might keep me from posting here regularly for a week or two. Or three. Although you never know, I might need to procrastinate.
Either way, just know that I am not irked with you.

*still giggling at 'grumpy poohead' tag* I wonder many of the same things, frequently at work. Like, pee? on the toilet see? Was that really necessary? And burning the popcorn everyday so the rest of us have to smell it...Rest assured you're not the only irked one out there.
ReplyDeleteLove this, sis. My most frustrating "irks" often relate to things that are not in my power to change.
ReplyDeleteFor example....Seriously, I've just ordered an expensive computer system from you and you can only deliver it to a home address where no one is home to receive it????????? Seriously, your government department is going to take 5 MONTHS to process an application????? Seriously, you sent home 25 pages of work (not kidding) for my 7 year old with no instructions about what to do with it so she felt compelled to spend 2.5 hours on it last night??????
Yeah.
And yes, I complained about all those things with brilliantly worded letters and phone calls. Still irked, though, as you can tell.
Ahhh so sweet--E-hub is so diplomatic! I think if I asked my hubs that he would say "everything irks you"--which is an exaggeration, but partly true--I am frequently annoyed... it goes hand in hand with my extreme lack of patience ;-)
ReplyDeleteI love the word "irk". I was going to use it in a response to one of scottish lasses posts. But I wasn't sure how to spell it. "Erk, urk?" My brain is that mushy!
ReplyDeleteI mentioned something that irked me when my mother was here one time. She said, "you are irked by a lot of things." Which first made me feel bad and then just irked!
Good luck with your work project!
Well, due to my usually irksome self, I received a pep talk from my hubby a while back about trying to be more positive! I think we are all irked about things a lot of the time, and it's just life trying to ignore the irksome things and get through.
ReplyDeleteI think, for me, (and seemingly for some others!) it's all about control. If it's outside my clingy fingers on the control panel, then irk ensues. Thankfully, sarcasm and caffeine take care of it.
ReplyDeleteOh boy, am I in touch with this! It's about the control (or extreme lack-of-it) for me as well. Caffeine and sarcasm are among *my* favourite ways to deal with it also. Harumph.
ReplyDelete