www.flickr.com
mosey|kim's items Go to mosey|kim's photostream

Sunday, January 3, 2010

I think that I shall never see...

...a poem lovely as a tree.



I've always hated that poem.

But given that we forgot to water our Christmas tree for the first week and it basically snapped into sad little dried out pieces as we took the ornaments off today, I thought it needed a fitting tribute.

I don't know what it is about trees but they draw my camera like a magnet. I took this photo last week on a one day roadtrip to play in the snow. I was getting tired of my photos receiving the Blogger add-blur treatment, so this is the first in an occasional series of my favourite photos (taken by me) uploaded straight from my Flickr site. I may occasionally feature English hubby's photos too, begrudgingly giving him credit.

And now... to enjoy the last few moments of the holidays before I sink into oblivion in preparation for the alarm going off for the first time in two weeks tomorrow morning.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely shot. I love trees too. Your trip to the snow sounds fun... and looks cold (brr) I have become such a wimp living in TX.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I said on Flickr. Very nice! This morning is tough. Trying to get them out the door...but wait I'm on the computer...

    ReplyDelete
  3. lots of trees up here looking like that one after the blizzard yesterday.

    I'm already done with winter.

    Need to deal with the indoor tree tonight when I get home. Always a bit sad when it goes away.

    And by the way -- it was BRUTAL when the alarm went off today.

    ReplyDelete

Happy you're here ... please say hello.

Related Posts with Thumbnails