It's also Monday which means laundry. And making enough waffles not only for today's breakfast but for the freezer. And maybe a blog post if I can squeeze it in. Plus exercise, and get Sweetpea to her swimming lesson without me losing it. Sounds doable.
But the waffle-making was taking too long and Sweetpea was hungry so she decided a pre-breakfast snack was a good idea. While I tried to mix batter and also produce the ingredients she required, plus take photos of this event, she made these...
...apparently inspired by a Blue's Clues episode she watched about two years ago.
Sweetpea's recipe for Granola Dipped Bananas

Ingredients:
One banana on a popsicle stick
Yogurt
Granola

Dip banana into yogurt
and then
Dip banana into granola
Eat.
After consuming them with gusto, she proclaimed herself renewed and decided that we needed to now create a calendar countdown to an upcoming event (more on that in a future post) which I also had to help engineer while attempting to gently fold egg whites into the waffle batter.
But you can't restrain artistic vision when it presents itself.
All this to-ing and fro-ing in the kitchen, and numerous opening and closing fridge and cabinet doors woke up this member of the family...
...who generated an unholy racket until a carrot was produced and fresh water introduced into her grubby water bottle. She then commenced looking balefully at the piles of poop that haven't been removed from her cage in too long a time. Which I think is rich given that she eats her own poop, so why should I have to clean it up?
Waffle aroma was now nicely filling the house, and after Sweetpea settled down with two, liberally dosed in Canadian maple syrup (is there any other kind), in front of a scintillating My Little Pony episode, I noticed English hubby covering the broken window in the study door with cardboard to muffle the aforementioned My Little Pony music while he puttered around in there.
I then thought it would be a good idea to start writing this post while operating the waffle-maker which resulted in these burnt offerings.
But at the end of the day the freezer was well-stocked with waffles, the swimming lesson was negotiated without hair-pulling, exercise for both parental units was achieved, laundry got done and folded, and English hubby and I looked at each other at the end of the day thinking it was one of the most peaceful and pleasant days we'd had in a while.
Not bad for a Monday.





Burst out laughing at Alice's baleful looks, loved the countdown clock, and just sit back dumbfounded that my sister is making waffles from scratch. (Yes, I stock Eggo in MY freezer).
ReplyDelete"Which I think is rich given that she eats her own poop, so why should I have to clean it up?"
ReplyDeleteLaugh out loud!
Hey, that sounds like a great Monday to me! Mine was less pleasant.
ReplyDeleteKudos to you on beautiful waffles! I bet they were delicious!
You make everyday life lovely!
ReplyDeleteYa know, I never bought a waffle iron for some reason, but now it seems very, very important. I really want waffles. I love sweetpeas pre-breakfast breakfast, that looks good too.
ReplyDeleteI would almost buy a pet if it would eat its own poop. I wonder if that is like an evolutionary defense mechanism, like those frogs with bright colors... "don't eat me, I eat my own poop. I am bizarre, sorry, I don't know why that is the first thing that comes to mind, maybe because it looks a little like the cui /guinea pigs that they eat in some places in South America... and that makes it seem even less appealing.
ok, I'll stop...
poop eater -- too funny.
ReplyDeletewho will look after said creature when you are away --- on the aforementioned adventure for which the countdown calendar is required...
sounds like family day US style was enjoyed with gusto.
I obviously need to write about poop more often. Your comments were all more entertaining than my blog post...
ReplyDeleteI am suddenly craving granola bananas and a huge plate of waffles. Yum...
ReplyDelete