But I'm not bitter.
Because instead I get to chase this little miss around all week rather than lounging on the sofa while she's at school.
But look at the attitude she's giving me and I'm the one who paid for the pancakes!
And then after breakfast she dragged me way far in the wrong direction so we could visit a playground English hubby used to take her to on the way home from daycare, but I'm a sucker for those blue eyes so I forgave her.
Then she invented a new game of hide and seek.
Seeker keeps eyes closed while clues to the hider's location are placed beside you.
THEN count to 20 and use your clues to locate hider.
If that isn't enough, there are crabs to be found at the dock's edge and sea lions to be spotted just as the camera battery dies which means it's time to keep moving because we haven't wrung the last vestiges of energy out of me just yet.
The next day the weather changes for the worse but we decide to visit an old favourite kid hangout with friends anyway, and then stay ALL day even though it's freezing cold out and your mother just wants to go home for a hot cup of tea.
p.s. I really don't lounge on the sofa while she's at school.
p.s.s. I think I need a haircut.
Then she invented a new game of hide and seek.
Seeker keeps eyes closed while clues to the hider's location are placed beside you.
THEN count to 20 and use your clues to locate hider.
If that isn't enough, there are crabs to be found at the dock's edge and sea lions to be spotted just as the camera battery dies which means it's time to keep moving because we haven't wrung the last vestiges of energy out of me just yet.
The next day the weather changes for the worse but we decide to visit an old favourite kid hangout with friends anyway, and then stay ALL day even though it's freezing cold out and your mother just wants to go home for a hot cup of tea.
I tell you. Life's rough.
p.s. I really don't lounge on the sofa while she's at school.
p.s.s. I think I need a haircut.





I love your camera. *sigh*
ReplyDeleteGreat post! You can totally see her attitude in that photo-hilarious, has she mastered the eye-roll?
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you have had fun despite not sipping cocktails on the slopes... and I am so glad you are not bitter ;-)
Your braid is beautiful
Lianne, the photos you can take(and already have taken) with your camera can be just as good. That's the joy of digital - you too can take over a hundred photos and get five or six good ones!
ReplyDeleteWhat a day! I'm always impressed with the way children can force us to be far more social than we naturally are. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I've never been able to pull off long hair. Yours looks lovely.
Love the pancake paying photo!
ReplyDeleteYou don't need a haircut.
I sometimes lounge around on the couch when the kids are at school.
Yes Annje, she is most definitely an expert eye-roller. E-hubs would have you believe that this is my fault since I am also an expert.
ReplyDeleteI love love love these pics!! I may have to steal English hubby's camera as well. The picture of Sweetpea on the slide is amazing.
ReplyDeleteThanks T.Mr.D! These were actually taken by me with my camera - the Panasonic Lumix GF1. I feature the hubby's photos here only occasionally now that I've got my own "baby".
ReplyDeletesuch gorgeous, crisp, bright photos!
ReplyDeletesuch a lovely subject :)
I'm so jealous of the no-jacket weather at the beach -- love your shots -- the slide picture reminded me of the bean in Chicago, Lianne....
ReplyDeleteand seriously, ski week -- is it your spring break week? or does that come later??? she's too young to be off for reading week like the uni students??
this flies with the school board -- are there no rules for instructional hours???
hee hee - can you tell that Anne Marie is a teacher?
ReplyDeleteSki week? You're kidding me.
ReplyDeleteAlso, that's a very sophisticated version of hide and go seek. I'm impressed with Sweetpea's creativity.
I love the first picture of Sweetpea - what a doll. I also really dig her version of hide and seek. You have a clever young lady on your hands. :)
ReplyDelete