www.flickr.com
mosey|kim's items Go to mosey|kim's photostream

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Surrender Dorothy

This guy is still irked. You can tell by his furrowed brow and the disdainful way he's regarding the obviously empowered woman in the painting.


self portrait of coysevox, originally uploaded by à la mosey.

My brow is furrowed this week too, although not by a bad perm. I got a nice trim today and am feeling all head-tossy and ready for spring. At least when it comes to my hair.

Otherwise, I'm fighting crankypants syndrome and am hoping for a nice weekend filled with sleep, a well-behaved six year old, and perhaps a magical loss of 15 pounds. I can wish, can't I? Sweetpea was just chosen to play Dorothy in her drama class and when I asked her why she had been so certain that she was going to get the part (especially given that her singing voice is enthusiastic but unfortunately takes after my own wobbly vocal stylings), she said "because I wished so hard for it".

She's obviously been reading some self-help books behind my back.

11 comments:

  1. You're hoping for a weekend filled with sleep????? I wish I could even dream/wish that...I feel like there are a million things to do this weekend in prep for the big trip!

    And way to go, S! When is the play?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet. She is the perfect Dorothy. Where is the class? C's doing the wizard of oz in his drama group too!

    p.s. I want to see a head swinging shot.

    p.s.s. let me know if you find the secret losing 15 pounds magically.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are all very nice wishes. Do sleep-filled weekends make a comeback after toddler-hood? I am hoping...

    Sweetpea must have read "The Secret" if you desire it and visualize it, it shall come to pass--haha, which brings to mind all the funny spoofs I saw about that book (I have not read it, but might post about it someday anyway). That might work for the 15 pounds... let us know if it does.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, and I think a head-shot of the new hair-cut is called for! Let us partake in the head-tossiness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know a girl who will be lion, tin man, scarecrow AND Toto to her Dorothy....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like her positive attitude! Hope she gets the part. Maybe you should take that approach to the 15 pounds. You know, wish really hard for it. I'll be giving that method a try later this afternoon. While I eat Nutella.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that ability in children to know that if they want something bad enough they will get it. I've only just found that in myself, and it brings me a special sort of happiness to know it in others.

    Hope you have a great weekend! (I'm cranky-pants too, but sort of quietly.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sleep-filled weekends? No. Unless you consider Sweetpea occasionally letting us stay in bed until 8 a.m. or so sleep-filled? I've just been a tad insomniac-ish (sic) lately, and am looking forward to a full night's sleep. And Annje, The Secret is exactly what I was thinking (as well as the hundreds of other copycats and self-help systems that preceded it).

    Jade, it brings me happiness too, until the day when she *doesn't* get what she wished for and the world as she knows it comes crashing down.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hope you had a great weekend. your blog makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute post! love your writing style!

    ReplyDelete

Happy you're here ... please say hello.

Related Posts with Thumbnails