www.flickr.com
mosey|kim's items Go to mosey|kim's photostream

Monday, May 17, 2010

hibernating

I am incapable of my usual level of multi-tasking lately.

Work projects,
the occasional push of the vacuum across my dust bunny covered floors,
mothering,
cooking a meal here and there,
volunteering in my six year old's class occupied by 21 other overly energized five and six year olds,
swimming at ungodly hours of the morning so that I can get back in time to shuffle aforementioned six year old through her morning routine,
learning to knit (oh yes I am),
fighting the good fight against the banana slugs in my vegetable garden who seem determined to munch their way through my basil and kale,
and last but not least,
maintaining my usual level of bloggy activity.

Allergies suck. Have I mentioned that lately? I'm sorry to my Mum for saying it sucks. I know she dislikes that term but there is just no other description that is suitable. Thanks to those of you who have had suggestions for coping with this affliction. Believe me, I've tried it all - natural, homeopathic, over the counter. The only thing that may help is a full retreat to a pollen-free bubble, or perhaps some sort of helmet worn from February to June. I might be on to something.

In the meantime, I'm going to go snuggle with Sweetpea in her sleeping bag and catch up on some ...zzzzzzzzz.....


hibernating, originally uploaded by à la mosey.

8 comments:

  1. Oh honey - oh for a magic wand.
    Glad at least that I gave you a chuckle today.
    The pic is beyond cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. S. definitely has the right idea - I would love to be in that picture perfect place right now.

    Yuck to allergies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the cozy sleeping bag is so tempting -- hope you had a good snuggle buggle as Julia and I refer to such activity.

    I'm spared the allergy torture in the spring -- but feel your pain in August/September with the evil ragweed -- really feel like I want to shove a hairbrush down my throat to scratch the back of my itchy throat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even know what to say. I hope it end soon : (

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good lord, reading this post back sounds so BOO HOO. But you're all so darn nice.

    AM, that hairbrush technique sounds like an excellent idea - going to try it now....

    ReplyDelete
  6. That does suck. I wish I had the magic remedy for you, but I got nothin'. I hope all that nasty pollen clears up soon so you can enjoy all of those daily tasks a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i want a sleeping bag like sweetpea's, seriously! xo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a sweet, sweet photo :) i love that you swim in the morning. and i loved planet b-boy -- i agree, it was a surprisingly good one!

    ReplyDelete

Happy you're here ... please say hello.

Related Posts with Thumbnails