In this case, I was trying to finish up some unresolved work issues while Sweetpea played in the next room after school. I tried to focus on my task, I really did. But there was some serious drama happening in the other room and I was pulled out there by unseen forces with camera in hand to observe in fascination the following scenario.
The Rulers of Wonder Land.
They are a benevolent bunch, for the most part. The Queen (and her familiar King) loves all her subjects, including the horses who "get people who have been bad". Observe her kindly expression and affection for her henchhorses.Her subjects, a mostly law-abiding and magical folk.
They are a cultured and creative people,
enjoying quality entertainment such as groovy girl ballet performances.
Until of course, the bad seed (there's one in every crowd) does something exceedingly... bad. Obviously a mean girl at heart who wasn't disciplined properly as a child.enjoying quality entertainment such as groovy girl ballet performances.
But not to worry because the henchhorses swoop in to arrest the mean girl and present her to the proper authorities.
"Now WHY were you mean to that ballerina?" (said in ominous, yet kindly tones)
"Aaauuugghhh! You're the biggest mermaid I've ever seen!" (cringingly, in awe of authority)
"That's because I am the Queen of Mermaids!" (straightens in an imposing manner)
And the bad girl promises to be nice forevermore. The End. And then we had dinner.
+++
To all mothers, including my own, for your endless patience and neverending enthusiasm for the performances and games to which your children subject you for years on end. Or alternatively entertain you with when you should be working.
Happy Mother's Day.





Makes me wish I had a girl. I have a doll collection hiding in the closet waiting to play again. Hoping for a granddaughter...years from now. Hope your day was great!!
ReplyDeleteOnly 4 days until "Getting Out of Auto Mode" at BPS. Yeh!
BURST out laughing at this one...thanks for the distraction from all the tasks and project that I am supposed to be working on.
ReplyDeleteHappy Mother's Day oh mother of giant mermaids and horse henchmen.
L. ;-)
So cute! I have some similar pictures from today. I'll have to post them!
ReplyDeleteHappy Mothers Day!
I love how creative kids can be. It is endlessly entertaining. Happy mother's day!
ReplyDeleteWhat an oscar moment -- loved the shots -- and the colours -- the cast of thousands, the witty banter between captor and captive.
ReplyDeletewell done.
You actually make it seem quite entertaining! I think Sweet pea is wonderfully imaginative ;)
ReplyDeleteaw, this is SO cute!!!
ReplyDeleteYou're the biggest mermaid I've ever seen! Fear and awe, fear and awe. She's got it down.
ReplyDeleteHappy late mother's day :)
I would do whatever that GIANT mermaid told me to do....
ReplyDeleteHappy Mother's Day oh most excellent and benevolent of mommies.
here here what a grand post of such epic proportions! looks like a fun time.
ReplyDeletexo
Imagination, it's a beautiful thing! I would have had to put down my work and check it out too.
ReplyDeletecute!!!
ReplyDelete