Some of her friends from the blogosphere have started a fund to help the family get back on their feet. If you've got a dollar or two to spare, please click on the link in the sidebar or below to get more information and make a paypal donation.
- - - - - - - - - -
After that, have a look at this trailer for a film called "Who Does She Think She Is?". It's a documentary released in 2008 and I can't believe I haven't discovered it prior to this. The choices that women artists are sometimes forced to make - between their art and their families - is the focus of the film. I can't wait to see it.

now i can't wait to see it either! that sounds awesome.
ReplyDeletehow awful to have all your possessions burn. i'm glad she has a support group working to help them back up.
Great minds.....
ReplyDeleteWow.
ReplyDeleteIs that my novel I hear calling from the other side of motherhood?
Really...I must find a way.
Watched that video the other day. Truly wonderful.
ReplyDeletenow i will have to hunt for the video (good thing I'm in charge of ILL in my library :) looks to be very interesting.
ReplyDelete