www.flickr.com
mosey|kim's items Go to mosey|kim's photostream

Monday, September 6, 2010

summer day

Labour Day and our summer has finally arrived. 
We made a dash to the beach near the end of the day in time for the golden hour. 
Bad mood from early in the day evaporated 
as Sweetpea and her friend dashed headlong into the freezing surf 
while I dipped my toes and breathed in salty air.

Addendum:  English hubby thinks this photo looks purple.  See an explanation for the way it looks here.

Hello, gorgeous.



Summer, don't go just yet.

+ + + + + +  

Those pink play pants were crafted by the talented hands of Mike Adamick at Cry It Out: Memoirs of a stay-at-home dad.  Tailor-made for Sweetpea after I won an auction item benefiting the victims of Haiti late last year.  Thanks again, Mike!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos! Sweetpea is really a beautiful child! I feel an urge to hand-craft some pants for my own little one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the make up Sweetpea was wearing for the glorious beach day.

    Lucky you having such a wonderful summer day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect way to celebrate Labor Day

    ReplyDelete
  4. *sigh* Goodbye Summer...so glad we were able to celebrate some of it with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Summer came to you so late, and probably won't stay long. I feel like I have been in summer for almost 6 months-which is not bragging, more like complaining. We are finally cooling down a little now... into the 90s ;-). Love the pants and love the "shiner" painted on her eye.
    Glad you had a lovely labor day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW... beautiful photos!!!! Your photography just floors me. I can't wait to go through your blog and see all that you do. Almost finding a few extra moments of free time. Almost!

    ReplyDelete

Happy you're here ... please say hello.

Related Posts with Thumbnails