www.flickr.com
mosey|kim's items Go to mosey|kim's photostream

Sunday, December 12, 2010

can't fight it

I'm finally succumbing to Christmas spirit.

christmas spirit

It's hard not to with a starry-eyed seven year old who embraces every single detail of the season. 

Who wants a menorah even though we're not Jewish.
Who is interested in all the characters and events of Advent although we don't go to church.
Who must chase a teenage Santa down the street with an embarrassingly bad costume because he might have candy canes to give away.  
Which he did.
Who was anxiety-ridden because she couldn't think of anything to ask Santa.  
(She has since recovered.)
She's been giving away extra hugs lately too.

So I can't help it.  Bring it on, Christmas.

16 comments:

  1. 1. OMG that is lovely wallpaper!

    2. I think my son wants to be Jewish. He put "dreidels" on his xmas list.

    3. I want your photography skills for xmas.

    4. It is hard not to get in the spirit with a little person in the house. It's magic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the most gorgeous photo of Sweetpea - wow. Can't wait to add her excitement to the dynamic duo's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is special. I love all of her curiosity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh friend, this makes me happy.

    I'm so glad you found your holiday spirit in her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She even makes me want Christmas to get her already

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet sweet Sweetpea. Can I have her for Christmas? I will send you Casey, Ryan and 5 puppies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow ... your photo of sweetpea is heart stopping.

    even as a jewish girlie, i get into the christmas spirit. there's something in the air that gets me every single year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing, amazing photo -- love it!!

    Laughed out loud at the idea of her chasing Santa for a candy cane...who can blame her? Love that she wants a menorah -- what great Christmas spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Children always seem to have the right spirit at Christmas!

    Love that wallpaper as a background...This is such a sweet, beautiful portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What lovely visuals of childhood enthusiasm and optimism!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so gorgeous! I love that look on her face and the angle you took for this photo! And your words say it all - so great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 7 year olds have a way of getting everything right in the world. How lucky you are to have one to point the way. This is a gorgeous image. You will always treasure it. My "former 7 year old" is now about to turn 27 and yet she still helps me find the magic of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a special photo. I love it anew every time I see it. The lighting on her face is just so perfect and I love your words.

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is such a beautiful photo! sweet pea is extra cute! and i love the lighting too =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely image. It captures the magic of little girls and Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a gorgeous picture of your girl!

    ReplyDelete

Happy you're here ... please say hello.

Related Posts with Thumbnails