No, I haven't taken leave of my senses. Completely.
This week at Mortal Muses we're playing with diptychs (or triptychs, or whatever-number-tychs). Diptychs are basically a mosaic of two or more images - originally they were defined as a folded illustration. Looking back at my Flickr photostream, I realized that the very first photograph I uploaded was a multi-tych.
For me, they're a great way to show more than one facet of a subject - something as simple as a different camera angle, for example - or a means to tell a story. The one above was taken through the viewfinder of my adorable Argus Seventy-five vintage camera. English hubby and I took advantage of a break in the weather to walk around San Francisco recently. With my parents in town to keep an eye on Sweetpea for us, we've had the rare opportunity to grab some time alone together. Probably more in the past two weeks than we've had in a year. So even something as simple as a photo walk together is twice as sweet. No agenda, and no distractions. We love our little seven year old distraction (to distraction!), and love her even more after we've had an hour or two to ourselves.
For more dippy/trippy images, check out my Mortal Muses post here.

Do I see PINK running shoes on Mosey's feet??? Wow.
ReplyDeleteLove the mosaics - think I will be asking for a tutorial when I see you over the holidays (wahoo!)
Love it.
I see purple running shoes on my screen...
ReplyDeleteI like how you do the shoe thing -- and the grainy feeling as well.
lucky you having that adult photo time. results good for your soul and our viewing pleasure.
Oh your photos are simply divine!
ReplyDeleteAnd so happy you had some time alone with English hubby ... doesn't it just recharge your batteries having some alone time?