So, cantankerous avoidance of resolutions aside, I'm determined to grasp life by the reins.
I intend to be fit enough to skip with Sweetpea for longer than 30 seconds before I start wheezing.
I intend to identify my career direction - continue working for myself or get a job outside the home?
I intend to identify my dreams and start making them happen.
I intend to purge this house of every unnecessary item that clutters it.
I intend to be a better friend, mother, partner.
I intend to go easy on myself if things don't go as planned.
It's a start.
As part of the purge, inspired by English hubby, today I went through bookshelves and filled a large box with a varied selection of books I won't be reading again. They'll be donated to charity or given to friends, including YOU if you see one here that you're interested in. Just tell me in the comments if you see one below you've been meaning to read, and I will send it off to you.
Happy New Year to you and yours.


It's so easy for us to admire others but not admire those same traits in ourselves. You are amazing, lady! I'm excited to see the adventures you get up to in 2011. I've loved reading your musings and seeing what you've had to share with us this year. I think you're great.
ReplyDeleteI prefer to start my new year on my birthday. I think it makes the goals more personal and more of a gift to myself rather than a stressful obligation to tradition.
:) Sweet friend, thanks for being a part of us nine. It makes who we are because of us.
ReplyDeleteYour goals for the new year sound good and I hope that everything will make it sense at it's very own special time. You are loved!
Happy New Year, sister!!! It's the international year of the purge!!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy days to my favourite west-coaster.
xoxo
i have similar intentions for the new year ... fingers crossed that we can at least accomplish some of them.
ReplyDeletei can't look at a stack of books and not see something i want -- 2 by ann patchett and the ladies lending library -- but i can get them from my own library. i need to have a good clearout, too!
happy new year, dear mosey. xoxo
I love your post, what great positive things you have listed, nothing like a good purge for new year too.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year to you!
ReplyDeleteI can completely relate to your intentions - and I actually like that you call them intentions instead of resolutions. And I also like Laura's idea of starting her new year on her birthday - I think I will follow that since my birthday is coming up!
I love coming back to your blog over and over again.
What a wonderful post and such a great list! Have a gorgeous 2011!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year to you!
ReplyDeleteIt seems as though you've done so much this year! Selling your photos is a brilliant idea!
ReplyDeleteI have a few of the same resolutions. Purging, defining dreams and making them happen. Work?!?!? And lastly to get a social life! This one will involve you!
Excellent intentions. I especially like the "go easy on myself" part. Take care and enjoy this new beginning.
ReplyDeletehappy new beginning to you!
ReplyDeletei love the idea of new beginnings, always have. even monday mornings give me cause to celebrate the beginning of a new (work) week.
I cherish that the universe has brought us together, muse friend.
cheers to 2011!
much love,
mo
I love it. And I love you. And when you're ready, I'll be the first one to buy a print.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Years mosey! I love your idea of intentions rather than resolutions...so much less pressure!
ReplyDelete...and how I do need a good clean out too...but I have discovered that every time I get rid of something that is just the one thing I am sure to want in the near future! Love your stacks of books...many great reads there!
Happy New Year to you!
ReplyDeleteWell, it is going to be a good one, I just know it! And yes, you must get those photographs printed and ready to sell ~ you are very talented and I know you will succeed in anything you do!
So..I would love to read the Enchantress of Florence, but instead of sending it to me, let's meet again soon!
Bisous,
Melissa
I'm just catching up on your posts after realizing that I wasn't getting your RSS feed. It's funny to hear you say that you are tired of your own complaining voice, since I think of you as incredibly positive and uncomplaining. I wish you all the best in pursuing your intentions this year. Life is hard, but we stumble through and find moments of grace along the way.
ReplyDeleteYour intentions are powerful and inspiring. Like you I spent part of my last week of 2010 cleaning things out and removing things from my life I don't need, what a way to start fresh.
ReplyDeleteThose goals are beautiful. The last one is my favorite : ) Be most kind to yourself.
ReplyDeleteYour books are beautiful!
so glad you have joined the flickr group, I am enjoying slice of life, there are soooo many courses and so little time!
ReplyDeleteI love your goals! And you have inspired me to go through my MANY boxes of books cluttering our garage. Really - why I am keeping so many?!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!
Oh, giving away books is a hard hard thing to do. I have quite a few that you've got here...great minds read alike.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I can't wait to see your prints for sale. It's a leap, but it's so satisfying when the first one goes home with someone.