Sweetpea, mesmerized by the Christmas display windows downtown. Possibly also disgruntled by the cold.
As well as hurtling down hills on small plastic discs, we've been eating and drinking gargantuan amounts, venturing into the city for visits to my favourite art gallery, skating on the pond near my sister's home, and hunkering down under blankets with new books, chatting into the night, and hollering and laughing at each other as families do. I love every minute.
I've been without my blogging lifeline - my camera cord - and so I've taken an enforced break from being online at all. Breaks are nice. The photo of bundled-up Sweetpea is from just prior to the camera cord going missing, and the photo above of English hubby giving one niece and Sweetpea and vertebrae-crunching ride today was taken on my sister's camera.
I hope that wherever you are and however you celebrate Christmas, you are sharing good times with friends and family.
Hopefully inside by a roaring fire. I'm off to warm my toes.
___________________________
The holiday blog-hopping continues at Mortal Muses right up until New Years. Today, we're musing on SHARING. Last night my sister and I enjoyed our traditional viewing of White Christmas with Bing and Rosemary and Danny and that other blonde with the great legs who looks just like my Auntie J. I mention this only because I've been singing the "Sisters" song from the film which includes the lyric "...caring, SHARING...", which just might be in my head for the next week. And now in yours. You're welcome. Here's the video just in case you need a little help.


My sister is funny. ;-)
ReplyDeleteI love that all the things I treasure about Christmas are around me this week - including my funny sister.
xoxo
Isn't there a song in White Christmas about sisters? Did the two of you not feel complelled to launch into that at times??
ReplyDeleteSo glad that you've had a double dose of family in the last little while -- does a body good and warms your heart.
Don't tell me you were cold in Mississauga that doesn't even have snow --- I get you being a bit chilled in Newmarket -- I was impressed with the winter gear you all managed to bring with you from the west coast.
enjoy your final days with the family.
Lovely post! And I thought it was cold here at -1C. :) Sounds like you are having a wonderful time though!
ReplyDeleteI've never seen White Christmas, so that is on my list. I've been slowly educating myself on Christmas movies - this year was the first year I watched "It's a Wonderful Life."
That song was my sister's and my theme song throughout our lives...singing it together is one of my fondest memories...Love your post!
ReplyDeleteHey! You're just around the corner from me!
ReplyDeleteBut it's a Northern corner and 45 mins north = tons more snow. LOL!
Do you not use a card reader to upload your pics? Or is that what you mean?
If you're using a usb straight from your camera, you need to run out and get yourself a reader. Much faster, and doesn't kill the battery on your camera (which the usb will, really quickly).
Glad you enjoyed our white Christmas!
I agree, breaks are nice. I'm considering when my next break will be. Maybe it will begin today. Wonderful moments captured here, as usual. Enjoy your time away.
ReplyDeleteI suppose I ought to stop griping about being cold in the 45-ish degree weather then...
ReplyDeleteOh dear! I do hope you find your camera cord. I'm glad you are having such a lovely time with your family. There's not much else like it. I love every minute of family time :)
ReplyDeleteI love White Christmas! That lady's name is Vera something or other. Tiny legs but she can dance!!
ReplyDeleteI love your top photo. Did you use a flash? The lighting, and it looks like night, is perfect!!
oh how i miss the cool weather ... love your photos... oh to enjoy a white christmas and holiday season with family!
ReplyDeletehope you're having a great time!
Can't imagine the cold. But I bet it was beautiful.
ReplyDeleteWishing you and yours a Happy New Year!
Hope to see you soon.
Happy Christmas! That sounds perfectly blissful!
ReplyDeleteCan't believe you came to Newmarket and didn't call - we'd have come met you - at least for the Tim Horton's!!
ReplyDeleteWhite Christmas - Her name is Vera Ellen. She was definately a dancer - heard Rosemary Clooney say once that she was the Singer, dancing and Vera was the Dancer, singing.
Jo and I love White Christmas and the girls now make it a tradition -I belive A. watched it sometime mid November for the first of many viewings this year! (in blu-ray this year!!) Love the Sargeant at the end, before the big show, who says "Captain, thes thingg have shrunk!!"
Thanks for the tune - heading to see Jo now - we will sing a verse or two in your honour!! :-)
All the best in 2011 to our California friends.