Remember Easy-Bake Ovens? My sister had one when we were growing up (I'm pretty sure ours was yellow) and I remember making those flat little cakes that didn't taste like anything, but it was COOL! We were baking!
Sweetpea got a little baking set for Easter (this sweet one from Bella Bistro). My only frustration as we attempted our first cake today was that it only came with four recipes - which did not include chocolate cake. What's up with that?
With an arbitrary couple of spoonfuls of unsweetened cocoa, we managed to create a passable chocolate layer cake, although I'm going to have to figure out how to shrink down my Nanny's chocolate cake recipe.
But boy, do I wish I'd found this clever blogger at Lightbulb Cuisine a couple of hours beforehand. Fudge, chicken, and bunny Easter cake all from an Easy-Bake Oven. I may just have to get myself the real deal - I'm pretty sure I saw one on ebay....


Bella cake indeed -- a double decker at that. Well done girls.
ReplyDeleteAnd there are new easy bake ovens available today - the dynamic duo have one!
ReplyDeleteLianne
I've seen the new ones - the design is just not retro enough for me! I mean, look at those classic lines, the 90 degree angles, the fake knobs and cupboard doors!
ReplyDelete