Is it a sign of my poor character when I sometimes creep into the kitchen very quietly and then tip-toe back out because Alice will start uproariously squeaking if she knows I'm there and didn't give her some lettuce or apple on my way past the fridge?
Is my five year old more mature than me when we have a ... confrontation ... and she gets over it more quickly than I do? (This is common.)
Do you remember when your baby (if you have one) would successfully achieve a new goal - unclenching her fist, saying her first word, crawling, pooping on the potty - and every adult in the vicinity especially you would cheer as if they were Olympic champions? And that as they get older and learn how to ... say.... snap their fingers, you just keep washing the dishes and say good job sweets without even turning around? I'm trying to remember to cheer every achievement as if it were still an amazing accomplishment. Which it is.
Do you like giveaways?
Did that not-even-remotely-related topic change throw you off? I told you this was random.
Watch this space for my first EVER GIVEAWAY next week.
If you happen to live in the Bay Area and are in need of fun stuff for your (or someone else's) baby, check out the Babes and Babies event on April 25. My giveaway is the cutest and most colourful little something you ever did see (and which will be available at the event), but it's not strictly a baby item. And that's all I'm sayin'.
Click below to find out more about the event itself:
Addendum (to my sister in particular) - No, I won't tell what the giveaway is, and no you don't have to be in the Bay Area to win it!

I do the sneak into the kitchen thing too. But for me it's for chocolate that I'm hiding from the kids!
ReplyDeleteI love giveaways!