www.flickr.com
mosey|kim's items Go to mosey|kim's photostream

Friday, April 17, 2009

Give It Away Give It Away Give It Away Now

(thank you Red Hot Chili Peppers)

My paternal grandparents were immensely talented and craft-y. My grandmother could knit, crochet, needlepoint, cross-stitch and more. My grandfather could paint and also do amazing needlepoint. I didn't always appreciate this talent as a youngster. If I claim any regrets, it's that I never took advantage of learning what I could from my Nanny while she was alive. She taught me some knitting basics as a teenager, but I don't think I did more than a wobbly couple of inches of a scarf and then abandoned it. But my fingers still remember the motion and I've always meant to give it another go someday. I'll post soon on the inspiring project I've been working on that has prompted me to finally bite the bullet and pick up the needles!

Why in the name of Mergatroid am I telling you all this?

Because I want to know what skill or talent you have always wanted to possess.

Why do I want to know this?

Because that's how you win this GIVEAWAY!
(cue confetti, fireworks explosions and jaunty tuba playing)

Here it is, you've all waited so patiently....

Natasha from The Lazy Giraffe has generously given me one of her absolutely stunning handmade pillows just for YOU. Because it's all about you!



The pillows come in an array of beautiful colours, and the pattern is based on an amazing series of children's paintings done by Natasha. They are 12 x 16, all cotton with a perma soft poly fill, and are fully machine washable and dryable.

The Lazy Giraffe site is under construction but will be fully operational any day now, so this is an extra special treat to own something before it's officially available. If you'd like to contact Natasha for more information or see the full range of colour and size options, as well as the soft toys based on the characters in her paintings, please contact her at nat[at]bluecaravelle[dot]com, and definitely check out her lovely paintings at Blue Caravelle.

And if you live in the Bay Area, don't forget to see her work, and the work of many other talented people at the Babes & Babies sale. Click on Events here.

So how do you win this colourful loveliness?

Just leave a comment on this post by 5 p.m. PST Saturday, April 18, telling me what skill or talent you've always wanted to learn.

I will randomly (by number) select the winner and post it by 7 p.m. PST that same day.

Now get going, tell your friends, enter to win. And good luck!

11 comments:

  1. Well, I am an avid scrapbooker and I would love to learn to do digital scrapbooking on my amazing apple computer ( which I only randomly know how to use) so that is is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to play piano. I've had years of intermittent lessons but would love to spend a summer focused on it. Oh and I want to read music fluently. I'd like to be a baker. I think tap dancing would be fun. Making clothes appeals - especially dresses.
    Did you say just one thing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pillows. I have always wanted to be a talented photographer. And I want to learn Russian.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would LOVE to be able to whip up lovely imaginative culinary creations...not just follow a recipe and get a pretty passable dinner on the table, but something I could fashion out of all the odds and ends in the kitchen cupboards and make my children and friends go...yum!

    Lianne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that pillow. Darling!

    Let's see, there are so many things I would love to learn. Advanced gardening, how to change my oil, hair cutting, or even how to just style my own hair outside of a ponytail. Rap--god, I'd love to throw down some beats, but even just typing that makes me feel stupid. But of all the things I'd love to learn I think languages is top: Italian, Spanish, French, a smattering of Cantonese. I love me some language!

    Great blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where to start! Let's see. I'd like to learn how to digitally process photos. I'd like to be able to sew better. I'd really like to draw. My problem is that I can do lot's of things a little but nothing very well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A car mechanic : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful pillows! I thought of my little girls and imagined how they would love the colors and design with the animals!

    The skills I'd love and have a strong desire to learn are
    1. photography,
    2. to speak, read, write Italian fluently, and
    3. quilting!

    Thanks for this giveaway opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are soooo many things....always wanted to continue my pottery, learning to drive big construction vehicles, knitting, quilting, to speak french fluently, and learn to speak chinese-I know just enough to have the chinese speakers laugh at me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the first time I have ever posted a comment on a blog! Hope it works.

    I have always wanted to learn how to sew on a sewing machine. Machines are not my thing but I would sure love to master that one. Other than that, I have always wanted to learn how to build a house - crazy but true.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I'm too late, but there are a million things I'd love to be able to do: garden (and actually have the plants grow rather than barely survive), play guitar, speak Spanish, sail a boat by myself. I could go on all night, but I'll stop now.

    ReplyDelete

Happy you're here ... please say hello.

Related Posts with Thumbnails