If I'm not eating it, or (attempting) to cook it, I like to look at food. You might recall my delight in recipes of all kinds.
I'm a peruser of cooking blogs, cookbooks and cooking magazines - even the ones that have recipes in them that we can't use, like slow-cooker recipes (we don't own one). Cookbooks that don't have pictures just don't do it for me. Good food photography can make me salivate and imagine all sorts of good smells and tastes.
So when I found this lovely little site - Foodgawker - I was in serious heaven. It gathers together submissions from bloggers around the globe, you peruse the photographs (glory!) by category, click on the image and you are magically transported to the blog where the recipe resides.
And since we're going mostly gluten-free around these parts - and let me tell you there's a serious lack of tasty gluten-free recipes out there, especially breads - I'm starting to get the itch to cook just looking at the delish images in their gluten-free category. I won't be dissuaded by the burnt mess I made English hubby eat for dinner tonight.
By early summer I'm hoping we'll have some fresh produce to start picking from the garden (if the banana slugs and gophers don't decimate it, not to mention the raccoons), and I'm already salivating over the idea of fresh basil for pesto, salads of mixed greens with cherry tomatoes, and more, oh my.

All I want to know is WHERE is english hubby standing to take this picture????
ReplyDeleteOn the counter, of course!
ReplyDeleteK I have two great cooking blogs that i love to look at and if you email me I will pass them on to you. I think you have my email or can access it on my blog. I am not sure how much gluten free stuff is on them but they are very cool.
ReplyDeleteS