www.flickr.com
mosey|kim's items Go to mosey|kim's photostream

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Snoozy Sunday

It's summer all of a sudden. I'm sure that'll change and we'll get another wave of cold or rain just as we're getting used to it, but today is HOT.

It's the kind of day where I want to move like a lizard from the sun to the shade, carry a cold drink from place to place, and read a frothy magazine (or a good book, but I don't have one on hand at the moment - any recommendations? I'm determined to pick myself up a stack from the library this week...).

It's the kind of day where I'm realizing that if the vegetable garden we want to get planted has any chance of success, we need to get plants in the ground in the next week or so. We've been working on building a sunken bed for peas, beans, lettuces, kale, etc. (and a patio next to it so that I can sit in comfort while I hold the spray hose on the vegetables).


We're going to have planter pots for herbs and tomatoes so that we can move them around to where the sun is, and a hanging basket for strawberries.

This month's Sunset magazine has some great vegetable garden ideas for small areas (city living) or micro climates where the sun isn't optimum for growing vegetables. See here, which is where I got the idea for doing hanging baskets for berries, among other things.

That's the plan anyway.

It all sounds good on a lazy Sunday where I don't feel like lifting a finger.

And now English hubby wants to get all action-y and get us out of the house for a sunset picnic at the beach. Sure, sounds good, right? But all that movement. And packing up food. And then driving somewhere.

It's just all so exhausting. But off we go.

Hope you're enjoying a snoozy Sunday where you are.

1 comment:

  1. Hot is right! We thought the same thing about our veggie garden, next weekend or bust! I like the hanging strawberry basket idea. If we do get the garden in, we'll need lots of advice from you and English Hubby!

    ReplyDelete

Happy you're here ... please say hello.

Related Posts with Thumbnails