At the same time, Sweetpea in her inimitable style is a cheery force of nature. As we walk down the street, me a disgruntled hunched-over dark cloud of snarkiness, she skips along greeting every person we pass and accepting all compliments on her sunny nature and pretty dress as her due. It's hard not to appreciate such lightness of spirit even through my antihistamine haze.
While I have no illusions that my kid is ravishingly cute to anyone but me, here she is spreading sunshine in case you're in a disgruntled funk today too. Cellphone images as usual, since I never remember to leave the house with my actual camera.
She drags me to her favourite "bamboo forest" staircase, where we visit Stillwater.

And then discovers a swing at the top of the steps. Life for a five year old is still magic.

And then discovers a swing at the top of the steps. Life for a five year old is still magic.
(Giveaway update: Will be posted first thing Monday morning...)

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAllergies suck. Here I get them in late december-early february--it bites big time!
ReplyDeleteI wish I could see the world through those eyes. I tend to let everything damper my mood and most things magic.
Ah and she is ravishingly cute!
So cute on the swing!
ReplyDeleteWishing you a clear head.....
Josh and I think she is adorable!!! I love the little swing video. I wish I was 5 sometimes...
ReplyDeleteI get allergies in the fall and other seasons too. It's almost worse than having a cold because they hang around for so long and you feel like you want to claw your face off!
Death to the buckeye blossoms!
so cute and brightens my day! hopefully it helped clear your head...love the bamboo forest to stillwater. a loves stillwater. where is this?
ReplyDeleteThat sweetpea is a treasure! And that staircase! The boys and I must visit. Though it wouldn't have the same zen feeling with us there!
ReplyDelete