I was aware it was Father's Day however, and was gearing up for a phone call to my Dad, but he beat me to the punch. I woke up Saturday morning to the sweetest, sniffle-inducing email from him addressed to me and my sister. He talked about the pride he has for our accomplishments and relationships, and wondered if he had done all he could as a parent for us.
He did.
I couldn't have asked for more as a father and as I wrote to him - I'm proud of him and the amazing qualities he possesses of which I hope I possess even a drop. I lucked out in the parent department, and couldn't have asked for more from either him or my Mum. He gave me a magical childhood, and the tools I needed to make my best effort at being a grown-up and a parent myself. And after years of pretty horrendous choices in the relationship arena, I finally picked a man for myself whom I recognized as having the same compassion, sensitivity, strength of character, wit, and desire to be an involved and caring parent, friend and husband that my Dad has.
Happy Father's Day.
And! Look at these two! Married 51 years today. How about that?
Happy Anniversary, Mum and Dad!


Very sweet tribute. Happy Anniversary to you parents... 51 years and still happy: that is an inspiration.
ReplyDeleteYour dad sounds amazing! Aren't dads the best? That was neat of you to do this post for him. Your parents look so good in their wedding photo!
ReplyDeleteYes, I went for the nikon after agonizing for days. It had the best reviews out of all I considered and the most/best features that I wanted. I'm not dissapointed at all. I freakin' love it so far. Haven't got to play with it that much yet though. The manual is like and inch thick...
Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Where in Calif. are you living? We used to reside in San Jose, though I told people Los Gatos ;) Where did you grow up in Canada? LOVE your pics on your blog. What camera lens conbo are you using? Hope to pop in more!
ReplyDeleteSue
You are one lucky girl. Your dad is a sweetheart and your parents did an amazing job with you! xo
ReplyDeleteSniffle. What a lovely post about a lovely man and his lovely family!
ReplyDelete