And I do mean that literally.
This post is an unholy mix of images from my cellphone, my Canon point and shoot, and English hubby's lovely toy (Canon 5D). But I couldn't resist. We spent time on both Saturday and Sunday at a sidewalk chalk painting festival near us, and differing image qualities or not, I wanted to somehow get across the assault of COLOUR in which we were immersed.
On Saturday, we purchased a square for Sweetpea in the kid's area (money goes toward local youth programs). She spent an hour working on her rainbow (20 minutes working, 40 minutes chatting to her neighbours) while English hubby and I took turns walking around to see what everyone else was up to, with the other staying within shouting distance.
She insisted that she wanted to work alone and didn't want us hovering, so we were relegated to the sidelines at least a 50 foot distance away. It felt like a restraining order, five year old style.
The paparazzi are shameless.
When the artist had completed her piece, we cleaned up and headed off for street food, live music, and people watching.
We went back again today to grab a bird's eye view of some of the finished pieces.
This one was done by an 18 year old high school student.
And while I was inside catching up on some work this afternoon, English daddy and Sweetpea did some more chalk drawing on our patio (not the new one). Hubby reproduced a version of this panorama from our Baja trip two years ago. Which is almost good enough to jump into, à la Mary Poppins.
Now I'm getting the itch to travel....











incredibile shots from all the cameras.
ReplyDeleteLooks like such a wonderful event -- so much talent.
thanks for sharing the moments. very inspiring.
Love the work from the grown-up artists at thefestival, but I am BLOWN AWAY by both Sweetpea's AND English Daddy's. Wow. Well done!
ReplyDeleteLianne
Great photos. Looks like fun. I didn't realize this was happening until last night. That English Hubby is quite the renaissance man.
ReplyDeleteLovely chalk art and great photos. Now I have the travel bug too. That beach is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteWhat budding little artists you have... They are pretty good :) Great pictures. I'm glad you took a pic of hubby using the 5 D. That confirmed my suspicion of the excellent quality shot previous to it. I can't believe how good some of the Adult drawings were.
ReplyDeleteYour little sweetpea seems like quite the character!
Great post!
That rainbow was perfection! :)
ReplyDelete