Here's a pictoral wrap-up of the second half of the week.... first, the cast of characters...
Sweetpea claims as her own yet another of Nana's possessions.
Grand-dad teaches Sweetpea a rhyme about groats and men in little red coats. And yes, those are Pringles and Nutella.
Wandering the streets of Calderola.
Left to rightish:
English hubby
Grand-dad (English hubby's stepdad)
F and her Dad, Uncle R (Nana's significant other)
Nana (English hubby's Mum)
Auntie C (English auntie number one)
Sweetpea
A stolen self-portrait alone.







Yay - was going into withdrawal! Sad to have to leave bueatiful Italy...the area looks just idyllic. Can't wait to hear all your tales in August!
ReplyDeleteIt all looks lovely... except maybe the pringles with nutella. You look so relaxed!
ReplyDeleteI've thoroughly enjoyed your trip! Thanks for the amazing and lovely posts. I hope you're feeling better now. Sweetpea is a doll!
ReplyDeleteI wrote this post way too late last night - I feel I need to clarify that we don't eat the Pringles and Nutella *together* (shudder). Just was making the point that it wasn't fresh tomatoes and mozzarella all the time!
ReplyDeleteIt's lovely that you have some more time with the family before heading back home. Looks like it was a trip of a lifetime for you all.
ReplyDeleteSweetpea is lucky to have family in farflung places so she can travel.
oh yeah -- is the rhyme
A riddle come, a riddle come
a dote, dote, dote.
A wee small man in a wee red coat.
A stick in his hand and a stone in his throat.
A riddle, come a riddle come,
a dote, dote, dote.
Is anyone venturing a guess on what the answer to the riddle is??
So, the title of this post appeared much sooner than the rest and I thought. "Oh dear, someone has slipped on a cobblestone." I'm glad to see it is all about your charming family!
ReplyDeleteHee hee - Anne Marie, I know the answer to the riddle and "Topsyturvydays", I loved how your first interpretation of the title.
ReplyDeleteLianne
Your pringle/nutella clarification was hilarious. Actually I didn't think YOU ate them togther... just grand-dad. Hey is it justm e or was your English hubby starting to look Italian?
ReplyDelete