My first (anonymous) commenter on that very first post gave me some tips on bread baking and months later came back for a return visit. We realized we'd started our blogs at the same time and I now consider her a friend, even though we've never met and in all likelihood might never meet in person.
Other good friends started blogs around the same time and I relished the new insights I was able to gather about them as individuals, as mothers, as friends. Many of us followed the tragic story of another blogger with the same concern and love and support we would have offered to someone in our own family or community.
My procrastination destinations (or blog roll) in the sidebar is filled with bloggers whose stories I follow, sometimes daily, sometimes just checking in now and then. My RSS feed is filled with even more.
It's offered me new ways to connect with the outside world after feeling occasionally isolated in my role as a mother geographically distant from my family and exiled from my original career.
In honor (or honour, stubbornly clinging to my Canadianisms)
of one year sharing my sometimes jumbled thoughts,
as well as countless stories and photographs of my main subject
(a certain five year old of whom I'm particularly fond),
and taking a page from another blogger who has sadly retired his blog
but who would occasionally empty his cellphone of pictures
and tell the always humorous story behind each one,
I've dug out a few cellphone photos from the years prior to starting this blog.
Why?
Because so many of those fuzzy and poorly framed photos from last October til now
have helped me start to tell my story.
And occasionally English hubby's.
Although mostly Sweetpea's.
Enjoy, and THANK YOU for stopping by.
of one year sharing my sometimes jumbled thoughts,
as well as countless stories and photographs of my main subject
(a certain five year old of whom I'm particularly fond),
and taking a page from another blogger who has sadly retired his blog
but who would occasionally empty his cellphone of pictures
and tell the always humorous story behind each one,
I've dug out a few cellphone photos from the years prior to starting this blog.
Why?
Because so many of those fuzzy and poorly framed photos from last October til now
have helped me start to tell my story.
And occasionally English hubby's.
Although mostly Sweetpea's.
Enjoy, and THANK YOU for stopping by.
Early 2006. First visits to the local park and pool,
the ER (after 16 straight hours of vomiting every five minutes),
and a kiddy concert where she first displayed her mosh pit tendencies.
the ER (after 16 straight hours of vomiting every five minutes),
and a kiddy concert where she first displayed her mosh pit tendencies.
Late 2006.
Quite possibly my favourite picture of Sweetpea - windblown and joyous.
Playing instruments and drums with a local musician.
First pony ride, and contemplating an empty snack bowl while making a fashion statement.
Quite possibly my favourite picture of Sweetpea - windblown and joyous.
Playing instruments and drums with a local musician.
First pony ride, and contemplating an empty snack bowl while making a fashion statement.


2007.
Egg salad chicken pot pie and a ride on the carousel.
Yes she really thinks she's mowing it.
The start of a yearlong obsession with being a cowgirl.
Late 2007 and Early 2008.
Chilling with a book at the local bookstore. One of many (many) smoothies.
Another wait in the airport before flying off to see our distant families.
And right back to this smoothie, the first cellphone photo almost a year ago.
Chilling with a book at the local bookstore. One of many (many) smoothies.
Another wait in the airport before flying off to see our distant families.
And right back to this smoothie, the first cellphone photo almost a year ago.












Yay, mine is the first comment! So I get to say happy blogiversary! first...
ReplyDeleteIt has been fun to get to know you by blog and I too would almost swear we were "real-life" friends, in fact didn't we just share a bottle of wine the other day?
Love the photo review. I loved seeing some of the pics of Sweetpea when she was smaller.
Hmmm - I go away and you post two fabulous posts with amazing photos and
ReplyDeletedeeply felt inspiration. Should I consider myself a distraction?!
Love these - thank you.
xo
p.s. Maple syrup in hand....
Happy blogginversary! What a fun post. I really enjoyed it. Sweetpea is so darling, but especially cute in the wind blown joyous shot!
ReplyDeleteI'm excited for you to get your camera! What are you deciding between?
Happy anniversary! I've enjoyed the year very much and look forward to more. Sweatpea is such a Sweatpea!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you started a blog, and glad you became one of my three readers. Love reading your posts. I identify with almost every one.
ReplyDeleteHappy blogiversary! Now make a wish...
ReplyDeletexo,
S
Happy Blogginversary! I love reading your blog....you are a very talented writer! What a great idea to post those photos... :)
ReplyDeleteLove the pics of that gorgeous girl. And speaking of gorgeous, I think my sister looks so lovely in the poste before this one.
ReplyDeleteLove you!