www.flickr.com
mosey|kim's items Go to mosey|kim's photostream

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween from the Couch

I observed most of the day from under a blanket, although I did carve my pumpkin before retreating to bed again. Thankfully (thus far) it seems to just be a head cold and not the dreaded flu.

Sweetpea, however, had a fabulous day from start to finish.

We were greeted with this masterpiece upon waking this morning.
A vampire (with blood),
a cheery yet kooky skeleton,
and Frankenstein.
(I'm still not quite clear on the logic of the staircase between the vampire and Frankenstein
but it appears to be a way for the mouse on Frankenstein's shoulder to attain greater height.)



Then, as she ate her dinner before trick or treating, English daddy shocked her by appearing in this get up, with much howling and growling and mwah-har-hars as she tried to get him to "speak in your normal voice, Daddy!".





Then off she went to hit the streets with her buddies from school, while English hubby hung out with the parents. I stayed on the couch with a book and a cup of Throat Coat tea and felt quite content that Halloween was over for another year, while also aware that the days when she'll want us to stay close and share the fun with her are limited.



Hope you all had a spoooooky time.

6 comments:

  1. Oh poor you - your evening sounds really great to me though, considering the gale force winds and 6 degree weather we were dealing with!

    D is VERY spooky and I love that Miz S chose a skeleton...she looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW S you look soooooooo cool in your skeleton costume - I wish I could see you up close!

    LOVE Cassidy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of both English Hubby and Sweetpea in the first picture! the art Sweetpea did is lovely. I just love kids artwork.
    Hope your feeling better and that the two kids had fun trick or treating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well it looks like it worked out all round. Sweatpea got to have her fun and you got some R'n'R.
    Hope you're better?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweetpea is so cute! And English Hubby is so scarey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this post over the weekend and didn't have much time to comment... but I love Sweetpea's drawing--those stairs are genious... of course! How else is the mouse going to get across?

    She makes a lovely skeleton and hubby did a good job painting his face. hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete

Happy you're here ... please say hello.

Related Posts with Thumbnails